What's new

What’s in your travel shave kit???

At the moment, a 1965 Gillette Travel Tech which looks brand new (I've only shaved with it twice since I got it), paired with a Shark blade, and a mini-can of Barbasol Original. I might change that to my tube of Palmolive Classic, though. No doubt I should toss a styptic pencil in there along with some aftershave.

I like to travel light:

blade-drawer-2-small.png

Merkur 985C pieces-small.png

But what to do about soap? Fill up an empty lipstick container.

razor and kit.png

Attachments

• Merkur 985C pieces.png
    Merkur 985C pieces.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
If by car, my travel kit includes a schick type g and one of my three synthetic brushes. I pick a seasonal soap, and matching aftershave.
For carryon by plane, I take a Gillette guard and travel size cremo. I pick a small balm style aftershave to go with.

Of course like all of you, I haven't traveled at all recently.

Travel????

I was just saying to someone, that one of the few GOOD things about being stuck inside and working from home is that I'm ALWAYS able to find the time for a good, long PROPER shave, each and every day, something I wasn't always able to do when I had to be in at the office at a certain time.

About the only concession I made back when we could travel was a pencil rather than a brick of Alum, and a tube of cream rather than a shave stick and a brush.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Some great and even creative travel kits here. I see a lot of double edge razors and blades. I wrote above that I use a Trac II in my travel kit. That's because most of my travel is 1-3 nights, so I've learned to simplify things to one carry on bag. Can't do that with DE blades.

I recently bought this fancy leather Dopp bag from Amazon and it is fantastic. It was about $30.
0C3A22FE-A432-49CE-A742-8548F4FAA450.jpeg

It contains a cheapie Lord L6 razor (in a fancy leather Amazon razor case), 4-5 assorted blades, a Rockwell synth brush (in a fancy Amazon leather case), a tube of Nivea shave cream, a tube of Frye & Co AS balm, a tube of Ceravie hand cream, a corkscrew (for wine), disposable lighter, toothbrush, toothpaste, desodorant, a 5ml bottle of Stirling AS, small spray bottle of eye glass cleaner, 2 sets of brass collar stays, a pair of cheap cuff links and a 7 day supply of my meds.

I have a beard so my kit kind of differs from everyone else's.

All of the following fits inside my Blue Claw Dopp Kit

clippers with charger and guard combs.
Bic disposable
shave oil
toothpaste
toothbrush
floss
deodorant
beard oil
face wash
bar soap
shampoo and conditioner

My dopp kit bag:

1608136161868.png

If by car:

Brush: RR Bruce Synthetic (in a pill bottle)
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Personna
Soap: Shave stick (Arko, Palmolive or Tabac)
AS: WH / 0.5 oz bottle of Jovan Musk
Balm: Small bottle of Nivea

If by plane, I will substitute either a BIC Sensitive or Schick XTreme 2 blade cartridge.

Thanks for the ideas, gentlemen.
I've never bothered to bring shave kit in my travels as I wasn't a wet shaver previously.
I have an Amazon Basics travel bag, it'll be enough to accommodate the shaving items as well.

Now that I look at the posts, I seem to be in need of a travel size shaving brush, rest of the items are available to me.

there's a Feather SS in the bottom of the bag. I'll take either of the brushes usually, the 4 pc DE lives in my truck glove box normally. the twist up tube doesn't fit in the bag, but one comes along on longer than a 2 day trip. that's my entire weekender/carry-on kit, and how I spent Nov.

5B7976CF-931E-4FFF-AFC6-31222A44D440.jpeg

Last edited:
For me it really depends on where i'm going and for how long.

If i'm moving to another town to work for a few weeks/months, I will take my most useful razors and stuff which are in my main rotation.

If i'm going to a friends house for a couple of days. I would take only one of my main razors, 1-2 blades, any of my synth brushes and any cream (and maybe my Timeless bowl along with an aftershave).

If i'm going on a vacation without using a plane and I want to travel as light as possible, I would take the things on the picture and depending on the situation I may not take any brush with me at all only a razor, 2-3 blades and shaving cream.

If I have to travel with a plane on a vacation or work for a couple of days or a week or two with a carry on luggage, I would buy a 1-2 disposable cartridge razors and take with me a small shaving cream tube and maybe, just maybe a synth brush as well.

131904886_2882148578730419_5199648015727679404_n.jpg

Last edited:
Leather Dopp I made while in prison, I have travel size toothpaste, dental floss, toothbrush, I now have some Captains choice sample aftershave to use, and sample soap. I will post pictures after I dig out the bag I made

I travel light. One Schick Hydro 3 cartridge razor and a travel sized can of Edge gel. I save the joy of DE shaving for home.
Well that was the way I traveled in 2020 and before. Things change. Now in 2021 I am travelling upscale.
2021 Travel Kit (and yes everything fits into the bag.)
Dopp kit Timeless
Razor Timeless
Razor holster Timeless
Shave brush Omega synthetic hi-brush
Brush roll Captain's Choice
Shaving bowl Vikings Blade
Shave soap Wickham 1912
Aftershave balm Wickham 1912 It has a gel like consistency and a plastic pump bottle. No breakage or spillage.
Razor blade tuck Personna Red It holds 10 blades and the plastic tuck also holds used blades. Ziploc bag to keep out moisture.
Blade in use storage old prescription bottle.

Travel Kit.jpg

I have a Rockwell 6c with the #6 plate, a Timberwolf synthetic brush, one of the collapsible dog bowls, and whatever soap sample(s) sound good at the time.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
For checked luggage it's:

Gold Dollar 208 ($10)
Chinese generic synthetic pure badger brush ($2)
Chinese good quality dual leather and denim strop ($15)
The last quarter of an Arko shave stick (50¢)

My carry-on is the same except I swap out the GD 208 for a Chinese generic SS shavette without blade ($2).

Last edited:
You sir, are a brave man. I am too scared to shave with something where I can't see the edge on my skin.
Travel is the only time that the DE comes out nowadays. For portability and convenience it’s tough to beat. Even with the SR I go mostly on feel now. My lather’s always thick so I can’t see much always.

Jag Jeans (Australian brand) toiletries bag
Rockwell 6S red + Polsilver blades
EJ silvertip fibre synthetic brush
FS two band badger travel brush
MWF, Speick stick + several soaps in tester tubs
Anherb balm

Kai nail Clippers
Groomate grooming tool
Muk hard hair clay

Top Bottom