What's new

What's in your pocket today?

linty1

My wallet cries.
thumbnail_IMG_2709.jpg

Not exactly a nibbed item, but it's in my pocket and I wanted to share, it's a KawecoSport mechanical pencil, loaded with 0.7mm ain stein lead (hb). I like the wide barrel, my fingers are able to hold it better. Under the hood there's no eraser, which is good as I lose those little fiddly things anyways.

Today I continue with my Pelikan M600 - M - nib inked with Pelikan Blue Black and my Tactile Turn Ultem Bolt Action. I am also taking my Visconti Homo Sapiens Dark Age to check out the nib, I did a little tuning as it was scratchy and was grabbing on the upstroke. I don’t remember what it is inked with off the top of my head!

Tom

Kaweco Brass Sport with Organics Studio Aldous Huxley. In a few days I'll have a Kaweco 1.1 nib and a Tomoe River notebook to really show the sheen in that ink.

Kaweco Black Ice Sport with Platinum Carbon. It's my only fountain, and the only ink I've tried so far. Have been thinking about picking up some Noodler's Heart of Darkness. Carry this pen in my wallet, and the Zebra F-701 with a black Fisher refill is my daily driver at work. Cheers

I used my new TWSBI Vac700R 1.1 stub inked with PennBBS Santorini, for my journaling. I will have my Pelikan M600 Fine inked with Pelikan Blue Black and my Tactile Turn Ultem Bolt Action. In my padfolio I have the Visconti Mythos Neptune.

Tom

Platinum Preppy, Fine, with a 50/50 mix of DeAtramentis Fog Grey and Noodler's Blue Ghost. It makes a nice waterproof light blue.

20230614_090553.jpg

Finally got my Galen Leather 3 pen flap case.

I figured 80% is stationary, so I'd post it here.

Been working on putting together a collection of Everyday Use stuff to just always have on me and this is what I've come up with so far.

Staedler eraser
Lamy CP1 w/EF gold nib
Visconti Travelling Ink Well
Modern Fuel titanium pencil (0.9mm with stylus attachment, have the 0.7 and 0.5mm inserts too, but for general use, I like 0.9 and using a pencil lead sharpener/grinder to get a point if I need. Still looking for one I like.)
CRKT CEO

The thin pen and pencil nest between the three pen slots.

Pretty happy with how it fits in my pocket, and I've been using the stuff aside the case from 1 year or longer.

One finicky thing with this load out is the CP1 is technically too small to refill with the ink well.
The first time I tried the feed slipped in past the friction stop and got stuck in the well after the converter popped out.
Fished it out with a pair of tweezers ok.
I grabbed a couple silicon of rings for eyedropper conversations and popped them on the end of the CP1 feed. That worked. It's a little tricky to fill, but worth it for me. Bigger pens are super easy.
The ink well has a felt blotter nested in the plug, so I just put the orings on it.

I also keep a small brass sheet in my wallet in case I need to floss the tines.

But I 'should' always have my stationary.

Attachments

• 20230614_090539_HDR.jpg
    20230614_090539_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • 20230614_090642_HDR.jpg
    20230614_090642_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
View attachment 1670850

Finally got my Galen Leather 3 pen flap case.

I figured 80% is stationary, so I'd post it here.

Been working on putting together a collection of Everyday Use stuff to just always have on me and this is what I've come up with so far.

Staedler eraser
Lamy CP1 w/EF gold nib
Visconti Travelling Ink Well
Modern Fuel titanium pencil (0.9mm with stylus attachment, have the 0.7 and 0.5mm inserts too, but for general use, I like 0.9 and using a pencil lead sharpener/grinder to get a point if I need. Still looking for one I like.)
CRKT CEO

The thin pen and pencil nest between the three pen slots.

Pretty happy with how it fits in my pocket, and I've been using the stuff aside the case from 1 year or longer.

One finicky thing with this load out is the CP1 is technically too small to refill with the ink well.
The first time I tried the feed slipped in past the friction stop and got stuck in the well after the converter popped out.
Fished it out with a pair of tweezers ok.
I grabbed a couple silicon of rings for eyedropper conversations and popped them on the end of the CP1 feed. That worked. It's a little tricky to fill, but worth it for me. Bigger pens are super easy.
The ink well has a felt blotter nested in the plug, so I just put the orings on it.

I also keep a small brass sheet in my wallet in case I need to floss the tines.

But I 'should' always have my stationary.
What an interesting layout. I do like how it you have everything in the pouch and it doesn’t look overstuffed, but just right! How do you like the Modern Fuel Titanium pencil? I am looking for a lead sharpener, so let us know what you end up with! What pocket do you carry it in?

Tom

Top Bottom