What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Both my MB 149 and my Parson's ran out of ink. So they'll get cleaned and stored. Next up on my desk:
- Faber-Castell E-motion parquet, F; Waterman Bleu des Mers du Sud
- Parker Vacumatic (1936), 0,8 mm stub by Greg Menuskin; dipping in Noodler's Zhivago (this oldie doesn't hold it's ink very good any more)

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
What brand is the W.German pen? The model seems by Pelikan but .... Photo?
Thank you
Oh, yes! Sorry, I should have posted W. German Pelikan M200. Sometimes I type faster than I think.

Yes, its the previous version of the M200 with the "bowler hat" top. Pre-1997, I believe. Actually, it would be pre-1990 because it says "W.-GERMANY" on the cap band. Its a beautiful gray marbled color that they don't make anymore. I keep meaning to take some pictures. I just need to find some time.

What brand is the W.German pen? The model seems by Pelikan but .... Photo?
Thank you
It will be a Pelikan, the term is used to denote that it is an older model, made before the reunification. This means that there are some minor differences in style to the modern m200, and is sometimes used to imply a more desirable nib.

tankerjohn

It will be a Pelikan, the term is used to denote that it is an older model, made before the reunification. This means that there are some minor differences in style to the modern m200, and is sometimes used to imply a more desirable nib.
The nib feels about the same as the newer M200 to me. It might actually be slightly firmer, if anything. Both write beautifully.

Parker 45, Pelikan Royal Blue.

Hi Valerius, I can't help but notice you mention a different pen-ink combo every day. Do you actually write that much? Of do you do only a partial fill? Or do you ditch the remaining ink? Or do you store the pen with the remaining ink still inside? Or still some other option?
(Just curious :blush: )

Hi Valerius, I can't help but notice you mention a different pen-ink combo every day. Do you actually write that much? Of do you do only a partial fill? Or do you ditch the remaining ink? Or do you store the pen with the remaining ink still inside? Or still some other option?
(Just curious :blush: )
Hi Ligeti,
Usually I partly ink up my pens. The fountain pens are the only ones I use in my daily work. Switching over to fountain pens is the best I've done for my handwriting. Sometimes, but seldom, a pencil might be used.
Regards,
Peter

tankerjohn

Day 2 with the Lamy 2000 and Visconti Blue. I love Visconti Blue, but not in this pen. The 2K broad nib needs a DRY 🌞🌵German ink to be remotely usable as a daily pen. I'm thinking Lamy Blue Black would be a good choice.

Top Bottom