What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Using my new Vanishing Point that I just received yesterday
PXL_20210108_032124067.jpg

In the pocket of my pants: Kaweco BRASS sport EF, own Atramentis mixture to have a waterproof version of Sailor Yamadori
In my shirtpocket: Lamy 2000 BB (ground to CI by Sorowka), Noodler's Zhivago.

Taking "in your pocket" very literally today, as this is what was in my shirt pocket until I got home. Although I chose not to include the Kleenex in the picture.

Top, Pentel Kerry 0.7mm mechanical pencil, 2B lead. Left, Sheaffer Imperial, TD filler, De Atramentis Document Blue ink. Right, Pilot Elite, 18k Soft nib, Pilot Black cartridge. Bottom, Retro 51 with a Schmidt Easyflow ballpoint refill (black). Middle, the small Rhodia notebook that I carry for small notes.

20210113.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Noodler's Kung Te-cheng.

This particular Noodler's is a very nice shade of purple, and I like the water resistance, but I got the impression a few years ago that it tended to clog my pens, and hadn't used it in quite a while. I'm giving it a second chance, though, in a pen that is at worst easy to clean, and so far it's working just fine.

One of my favourite inks too. I haven't noticed clogging problems with it, but of course that can be quite individual depending on the particular pen and amount & frequency of use &c.

When it's working, this ink (for me) flows well and dries quickly (often a hard-to-find combination), and has that superlative water resistance.

@AG69 how is the Justus nib? Does it glide nicely on paper?
It indeed glides very well! I use Rodin notepads and it is just a divine experience. I also like the difference in the feedback between the settings H and S. The line variation is not too pronounced, though easily noticeable without too much pressur.

Top Bottom