What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Using my Lamy 2000 with Diamine Aurora Borealis
IMG_20201027_134241_492.jpg

Not a dang thing. I’m home bound because of Covid and I’m wearing gym shorts with no pocket. What a pain in the derrière! I have to carry everything in my hands!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Not a dang thing. I’m home bound because of Covid and I’m wearing gym shorts with no pocket. What a pain in the derrière! I have to carry everything in my hands!
Well, in that case tell us about the pen/ink combo you're carrying around in your mitts today (or on your desk, you are posting in the Nib forum), so with what have you recently been using?

Myself, not much writing today but did use a vintage Pelikan 400 with a new medium stainless steel M205 nib to create a shopping list and took it to town and never wrote once again with it ...

full

Well, in that case tell us about the pen/ink combo you're carrying around in your mitts today (or on your desk, you are posting in the Nib forum), so with what have you recently been using?

Myself, not much writing today but did use a vintage Pelikan 400 with a new medium stainless steel M205 nib to create a shopping list and took it to town and never wrote once again with it ...

full
I love my Cross Townsend rollerball pen with the gel ink refill. I’m unable to use a nib based pen due to strong tremors in my hand.

71A62104-D940-40F9-B250-2F87784DCC1E.png

I like slim writing instruments in general, particularly for long writing sessions. Really slim fountain pens seem to be the exception, but I've used these two favorites today. On the left, a Montblanc Noblesse from the 1970s, Montblanc Midnight Blue ink. On the right, a Parker 180, which hasn't been made since the early 1980s, Namiki Blue ink in that one.

MontPark2.jpg

Too many pens inked right now, six of them. Here are two that I'm using today. Pilot Elite, 1970s version, 18k "Soft" nib which I'd class as an extra fine, although it isn't marked as such. Not really soft, but I have some uses for an extra fine nib right now. And a Parker 51. I've never liked the 51 in proportion to its reputation, but this one writes very smoothly and reliably. A Pilot Blue-Black cartridge in the Elite, and De Atramentis Document Blue in the Parker.
PandP.jpg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Really odd, I used to carry always a fountain pen, mostly a Pelikan, with me in my shirt pocket. But, since the pandemic hit, and I am home since 11th of March, I don't put a pen in my shirt anymore....have some at my work computer and some at my private, but nothing in the shirt, and wear mostly t-shirt anyway now and only put a shirt on when I go out for shopping.

Top Bottom