What's in your pocket today?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
All black M200 Pelikan w/M400 gold nib + Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

full

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Today I've been using a 1st quarter 1943 Vacumatic standard with a 1937 date code nib.

proxy.php

It was a pen my mother sent to dad who was on the all expenses paid safari in North Africa at the time to celebrate my birth.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Jar_ I don't understand, your father was having a safari to celebrate your birth and your mother was at home with you?
Dad was on an all expense paid multi-year Safari across North Africa, Italy, the Middle East & Persia; it was the fountain pen that was to celebrate my birth.

In fact the day I was born was so significant that the leaders of all the Allied Nations got together in the Anfa Hotel but they never even invited dad to come to the party. He never was much of a party animal.

Can't see which big game you can hunt in Italy, lived there for decades never seen any :cool: Safari = Business in this case? Sorry if I pry but just am curious

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Can't see which big game you can hunt in Italy, lived there for decades never seen any :cool: Safari = Business in this case? Sorry if I pry but just am curious
When was the fountain pen made?

Where is the Anfa Hotel?

What gathering of all the Allied Leaders took place at the Anfa Hotel at the time the fountain pen was made?

What was the first day of that gathering?

When is my birthday?

Are you Yellow? What year does that point towards? Are you Blue?

a-ha. quite a lot of interesting clues here:
Casablanca
14-01-1943 is the first day
none of the Russians attended, only the western powers

Italy sued for peace later on in the year. infamous act, I have to say, by the way the ‘rebels’ fled leaving the army and italians to deal with the german occupier after the armistice.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
a-ha. quite a lot of interesting clues here:
Casablanca
14-01-1943 is the first day
none of the Russians attended, only the western powers

Italy sued for peace later on in the year. infamous act, I have to say, by the way the ‘rebels’ fled leaving the army and italians to deal with the german occupier after the armistice.
But lots of hunting on that extended safari and as I said, all expenses were paid.

Two Pilots (although the one on the left has the Namiki name). Custom Heritage 91 with an FM nib, and Namiki Falcon with an SM. Both with De Atramentis Document inks, Fog Grey in the 91 and Violet in the Falcon.

Pilots.jpg

In pen slips in a laptop case, Parker 180 with De Atramentis "Gaius Julius Caesar" (gray) and Mabie Todd Swan 3150 with Namiki Blue.

In a jeans fob pocket, Fisher Space Pen with fine blue refill and a Sacagawea dollar.

20201018.jpg

Good evening, today I have a Kaweco Sport Chess fp.
I bought this pen online and didn't know how small it was, pictures give a false idea.
The pen is a little jewel and with the cap posted it is much better.
It doesn't weigh anything and it is comfortable to hold in my hand.
The pen writes nicely, smooth and it doesn't scratch.
The ink is supplied by a cartridge although you can buy a special converter.
The box is simply a piece of cardboard with the Kaweco prints on it, pretty useless.
I did not buy the extra clip as with a faceted cap it can't roll off the table (in my case, so don't take this as Gospel).
Just to give an idea of how small the pen is I'm attaching two pics with a Jinhao, Mont Blanc and Parker.
caps.JPGno caps.JPG
Hope you enjoy. Might buy another one but will try the brass ones :)
Have a nice evening
Marco

Top Bottom