What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Two posts in a row here, but now I'll wait for someone else. I know that many of us have pens in our pockets. :redface-new:

I trimmed this picture a bit too aggressively on the right, but let it stand. Parker 180 with Pilot Blue-Black ink, Eversharp Skyline with Namiki (Pilot) Blue ink.
20200904_112201.jpg

I got today my first new, not antique shop, pen for 2020. A Jinhao X750 Ivory. Intrigued by what I read in various posts, here in B&B, about these pens and given the price I decided to give it a go. Immediately filled it with Diamine Grey ink the pen started writing without any hiccups. Massive and all metal. Big nib, which I like but not as big as my Waternan's from 1938-1940 ish nor the Mont Blanc 149 Meisterstcuk. It compares with Delta's Dolce Vita, Concklin's and similar. The converter is a bit flimsy but as long as it does what it has to do I'm not bothered. Medium nib, which I like. Colour should be ivory but it is more like pale lime yellow in artificial light. Cap fits on snugly and tight. It comes without a box and it is only rapped in a thin plastic film. Fortunately Amazon's envelope protected it.
HTH

reduced.JPG

In another thread today, I posted a picture of some of my Jinhaos, none of which are currently inked or likely to be soon.

Here are what I have used today. Left to right, Namiki Falcon with De Atramentis Document Violet, Pilot MYU with De Atramentis Document Brown, Eversharp Symphony with Namiki Blue.
20200924_161146.jpg

For me, it's a 1950 touchdown Sentinel Sheaffer almost exclusively or a Sheaffer Sagaris on rare occasions. However, I have a Picasso 916, Baoer 79, and a Parker 21 to add to the rotation when they arrive

For writing, Parker 180, Broad-Fine nib (flip it over to change), Pilot Blue-Black ink.

For sketching, older version of a Pilot Elite with an 18k "soft" nib that I'd class as extra-fine, although it's not marked as such. Montblanc Midnight Blue ink.
20201002_140107.jpg

Is this just for writing instruments?

Well, it is a thread in the Nib forum, "everything pen, ink, and writing". :001_cool:

I've seen people include other things that they're carrying along with their pens, notebooks, and such. Pocket knives, for example. But the emphasis is on writing instruments.

Welcome to this sub-forum, by the way, if this is your first stop here.

Thanks, I only use Zebra F-701 pens but those are far from luxurious. I am still getting the hang of the forums. I was brought here for straight razor wet shaving.

Top Bottom