What's new

What's in your pocket today?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Platinum 3776 Century Broad with Pilot Iroshizuku Asa Gao

AC606FD8-EFCB-4519-A14C-29F4F08BEBEE.jpeg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Excellent! How is the Edelstein handling the newspaper? Feathering much?
When I actually do them in the newspaper, the ink behaves just fine (I have a light hand honed by more than a half-century of practice). Interestingly, I'm likely to see more bleed-through in the Sunday magazine (NY Times) than on daily newsprint.

But that's all in the past. Now I download my puzzles and print them out to work them. Doing them online without a pen offers no satisfaction.

As for Edelstein ink, I really like it. Regular Pelikan 4001 is reasonably brilliant, but this stuff is super-pigmented, yet doesn't gum up my pens' feeds (unlike, say, Parker Penman of yore).

I've been using my Lamy 2000 the past few weeks and I'm sorry I put it away for so long. What a great pen. Rock solid reliable. Always writes as soon as you put it to the paper. The flow is perfect. I filled it back up with ink today and I'm just going to keep using it for a while.

No, not all of this has been in my pocket today. But I've been using the Mitsubishi pencils a lot for drawing, some much less than others. I'll probably never use up that 10H.

The pens are, top to bottom, vintage Eversharp Skyline, which is one of my nicest vintage ones, a 1990s Sheaffer School Pen, which doesn't quite count as vintage, and a Pilot Custom Heritage 92. The inks are Namiki Blue, a Blue-Black Sheaffer cartridge, and Montblanc Midnight Blue, in that order.
pensnpencils.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Pelikan M250, green + black and 4001 blue-black ink.

... pens are, top to bottom, vintage Eversharp Skyline, which is one of my nicest vintage ones ...

Love those modern stripe moire pens! Sadly, I sold mine about 15 years ago ... haven't seen one with a two-tone look. I really need to use my Skyline pens more often, I enjoy their smooth gold nibs so. Too many pens, not enough time.

Love those modern stripe moire pens! Sadly, I sold mine about 15 years ago ... haven't seen one with a two-tone look. I really need to use my Skyline pens more often, I enjoy their smooth gold nibs so. Too many pens, not enough time.

I know the feeling. I suspect that mine may actually have a mismatched cap and body, but the look works for me, and the nib is excellent.

Not my pocket but SWMBO. Her Lamy safari has been leaking for a few weeks now, so she finally broke out the Waterman I bought her in 2004! (She always though it was too pretty to use, especially at court as she's a senior solicitor). Its the original Waterman Hemisphere in brushed stainless with gold fine nib. Only thing I had to do was drain the blue from the cartridge and fill (after a clean) with her favourite Lamy purple. She prefers carts as less chance of dropping a bottle for a convertor.

Top Bottom