What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Thanks! I'm not really writing anything serious, really just writing for the therapeutic effect of writing with a nice pen on nice paper. I find it very relaxing. It has a zen quality about it.
Sorry nelamvr6, I should have been more clear, what is the make of journal you're using? :001_rolle

Sorry nelamvr6, I should have been more clear, what is the make of journal you're using? :001_rolle

Ah, I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

Currently I'm writing in an Endless Recorder journal. It has 62 gsm Tomoe River paper, and it's hard cover.

I like it a lot, but I must confess that I find the differences between the Tomoe River paper that everyone raves about and the Rhodia paper I usually use to be not that important to me. The Tomoe River paper is whiter, so some inks do pop more. But both brands are nice and smooth and neither exhibits any feathering or bleed through. The Tomoe River has more ghosting, but not enough to really bother me.

I have been trying different brands of journals trying to find one I can settle on. I had been using a Rhodiarama for a while, and on deck I have a Clairefontaine Basic My Essential journal.

What do you use?

Friend, you anticipated my next question. :biggrin1:

Every once in a while I get lucky! I really like this cover because it works well with both hard and soft cover journals. The one in my photo is A5 size, I don't know if they have other sizes. I do know that they offer several colors, and they will monogram.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Brown marbled M200 Pelikan, Seitz-Kreuznach chestnut brown ink

full

Ah, I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

Currently I'm writing in an Endless Recorder journal. It has 62 gsm Tomoe River paper, and it's hard cover.

I like it a lot, but I must confess that I find the differences between the Tomoe River paper that everyone raves about and the Rhodia paper I usually use to be not that important to me. The Tomoe River paper is whiter, so some inks do pop more. But both brands are nice and smooth and neither exhibits any feathering or bleed through. The Tomoe River has more ghosting, but not enough to really bother me.

I have been trying different brands of journals trying to find one I can settle on. I had been using a Rhodiarama for a while, and on deck I have a Clairefontaine Basic My Essential journal.

What do you use?
Yesterday I was trying to respond to this on my cell phone, which just wasn't cooperating! :mad3:

I write in a Nanami Seven Seas "Writer" journal, which is in the A5 format and filled with 480 pages (!) of 52 gsm Tomoe River paper. Even with so many pages, it is only a little more than 1/2 inch thick. The Writer edition has very faint lines, so that after you've written on the page you hardly notice them. I imagine it has more ghosting than the 62 gsm weight paper, but it's not bad. I'm glad to find out about the Endless Recorder journal and the Coal Creek journal cover, thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom