What's new

What's in your pocket today?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Retro 51 P-51 with a fill of Parker Quink Blue Black for the Saturday EDC. It’s nice to have a metal pen I don’t worry about getting a little knocked around.

748A0BA0-0FFD-4AD4-8288-B723E30F5090.jpeg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I have been carrying a Jinhao 51A for a couple of months. It is not quite a Parker but it is pretty darn good. I've tried various Heros, Noodlers, and other inexpensive pens. This thing is quite Parker like. . . pull off the cap even if you have not used it for a week and it writes.

Jinhao 51A_.jpg

tankerjohn

I have been carrying a Jinhao 51A for a couple of months. It is not quite a Parker but it is pretty darn good. I've tried various Heros, Noodlers, and other inexpensive pens. This thing is quite Parker like. . . pull off the cap even if you have not used it for a week and it writes.

View attachment 1056306
Nice! Those Chinese 51 knockoffs do have actual Parker heritage. The Communist government seized the Parker factory in Shanghai when it came to power in 1949 and has been cranking out 51s ever since. I don’t know if the Hero/Jinhao pens are using the old Parker machining, but apparently the Chinese pens are close enough that the parts will fit in vintage Parker 51s.

A Waterloo Blue Parker Jotter ballpoint pen:

proxy.php

I wasn't actually looking for another pen but it was priced at only $13.98 or so at my local Staples store and I couldn't resist a Jotter in that colour. Proof positive that a super cool pen doesn't have to cost a gentleman an arm and a leg.

:001_smile

tankerjohn

Gray marbled Pelikan M200 w Noodlers 54th Massachusetts. Noodlers ink still doesn’t jive with me.

9FF1AB49-C675-408A-9C6D-FCDD04C17301.jpeg

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Modern Pelikan M400 fine point gold nib + Thornton's royal blue ink
full

They're not expensive, and they're not fancy, but they're MINE!

Pilot Varsity and Petit1. 😉

Attachments

• 20200201_122747.jpg
    20200201_122747.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 8
Top Bottom