Currently inked up:
Visconti Homo Sapiens - Lamy Benitoite
Kaweco Sport AL - OS Walden Ponds
TWSBI Diamond 580 AL - a mix of two purple ink samples
Platinum Plaisir - Robert Oster Jade
Nemosine Singularity - Diamine Poppy Red
Monteverde Prima - Iroshizuku Shin-ryoku

IMG_20191025_0605498.jpg

The day may not be quite melancholy, but it is raining. When I go out in a bit, my pocket will probably hold one of these two pens, a Pilot Murex with De Atramentis Document Blue ink, or the Sheaffer 3-25 Flat Top with Pilot Blue-Black. Also, not pictured, a Pentel Sharp Kerry mechanical pencil. And in case I need actually to write in the rain, a Fisher bullet style Space Pen in a pants pocket.
PilSheaff.jpg

Always in my backpack. Waterman 12 1/2 V.S. BABY in mottled red and black hard rubber from 1911-1917 filled with green iron gall ink. Over a hundred years and going. It was made for the French market with 18kt gold rings and 18kt gold nib, because 18kt was the minimum for gold in France at that time.

Baby.jpg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Today was Pelikan M200 day. Fine nib. R&K Salix. Awesome combo for the office. I really should take a cool picture of like you guys.

A Baoer Skywalker.

This is a week old, I didnt like the original nib, too hard, too fine, I replaced it with a #5 from my nib box which is just marked IPG, just a little wider than stock.

My only complaint is that there is a bit of a step down between the barrel and the section, but I like its looks, just a pity its not the MB Starwalker

baoer_79_12.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Newer Montblanc 144 fine point, cartridge refilled with vintage Quink blue-black

full

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Montblanc 144 fine point, cartridge refilled with vintage Quink blue-black

full

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Tortoise Sheaffer Admiral today, although I still call it a Craftsman, filled with a vintage blue Montblanc ink.
I ate up another sac in a similar black pen by running some inferior ink, now I'm ordering some #16 straight sacs from Pendemonium. I can't believe I ran out, I bought 20 of them last time from Pen Sac Co. I'd buy again but their website seems to be down again (Pendemonium has the same brand).

full

Piston fillers seem to be the way to go (fewer sacs needed :tongue_sm) but the filler is tougher to service. Plus, when some crummy ink wrecks the finish on the barrel wall, you're finished. A $2 sac now and then, oh well.

Last edited:
Loving all the Fp's and just picked up an old platignum petite. But for an EDC I'm currently going with this pair. Top one is my kaweco touch BP and the bottom is my new Lamy Scribble BP. Apart from these I use a Monteverdi inkball, one touch engage. It's been dropped and broken several times but I've managed to fix it. FP's don't work too
well in my job.
IMG_20191211_141332275~2.jpg

The lamy is around 10mm longer than the kaweco.

Top Bottom