What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Parker Duofold, blue Quink
full

Inspired by this took out my Parker Active Service set, they are a good looking pen

P1000845.JPG

proxy.php

Along with the picture above, I'm carrying: a Lami Safari F, Lamy Purple cartridge; a Mooman C1 F, filled with Diamine Damson; and a Wing Sung 3008 F, filled with Noodler's Kiowa Pecan.

proxy.php

Along with the picture above, I'm carrying: a Lami Safari F, Lamy Purple cartridge; a Mooman C1 F, filled with Diamine Damson; and a Wing Sung 3008 F, filled with Noodler's Kiowa Pecan.

The threads have broken on my black Laureat, I have no idea how and they have disappeared completely. If ever you need parts for your pen let me know. The cap and barrel are not perfect but servicable, the nib is a very nice writer but I have heard that the Laureat nib and feed are a pig to extract.

The threads have broken on my black Laureat, I have no idea how and they have disappeared completely. If ever you need parts for your pen let me know. The cap and barrel are not perfect but servicable, the nib is a very nice writer but I have heard that the Laureat nib and feed are a pig to extract.

Is the threaded portion of the section still in the body tube? The bottom end cap also unscrews from the body tube, the body is reversible... if you can find the threads, it may be possible to recover them from the tube and then have them glued to the section again to return to service. Waterman nibs and feeds, in general, are pigs to extract... Thank you for the offer!

Is the threaded portion of the section still in the body tube? The bottom end cap also unscrews from the body tube, the body is reversible... if you can find the threads, it may be possible to recover them from the tube and then have them glued to the section again to return to service. Waterman nibs and feeds, in general, are pigs to extract... Thank you for the offer!

Thanks for the tip, I didnt know the body was reversible. First time that threads have vroken on a pen in my care, I suspect it was broken before I bought it, perhaps from overtightening.

Just for illustration... the threads on the end cap are the same as the section, and either can be screwed into either end of the barrel. It's more likely it cracked from being dropped, then separated when tightening, it's a pretty sturdy plastic...
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just for illustration... the threads on the end cap are the same as the section, and either can be screwed into either end of the barrel. It's more likely it cracked from being dropped, then separated when tightening, it's a pretty sturdy plastic...
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you.

The threads on the section are missing completely, I have removed the end cap and, as you say, it fits both ends of the barrel. I think that the pen was damaged before I owned it, just a few weeks ago, it has not been dropped in my time of ownership.

Pity really, I like the Laureat but I think I must be jinxed, I have owned two others, the first was in 1992 when it was stolen when thieves broke into my car, the only break in I have ever had and that pen was the only thing that was stolen.

laureat.jpg

Well, if you wish to dispose of the remains, it would be my pleasure to have them as spares - I think my feed may be slightly damaged anyway - it has torn a couple of cartridges and one converter... PM me and we can arrange shipping and payment.

Back on topic, I have the Laureat, as well as a Waterman Rollerball converted with a G7 cartridge, and two other FPs today.

Jinhao x750 / Diamine Oxford Blue
Kaweco Ice Sport / eyedroppered with Herbin Perle Noire
Waterman Hemisphere Deluxe Ballpoint / Blue M

Picked up an all black monteverde tool pen last week. Its been a daily writer both at home and work. Seems to have the smoothest and blackest monteverde D1 size refill I've ever used. Backed it up with a nice refurbed Parker duo fold that I found years ago and had serviced etc, date unknown but Im guessing late 60's, its running Black quink.

Thats a very good looking Parker Doug, the nodel name just escapes me for the moment!

A Little story. In 1951 my father went to a very large trade show in London, it was called the Festival of Britain and the idea was to showcase to the world that Britain was manufacturing again and here are our products. My father went on a bus to the show, he must have been writing notes during the journey because he dropped his 1947 Parker Vacumatic and bent the nib. As luck would have it Parker had a stand at the show and he asked if they could straighten the nib. It was too badly damaged to repair but they said that they would replace the nib. My father was a student and didnt have much money for pen repairs in addition to a day out at the show, but he said ok. Parker fitted a Duofold nib, handed it back with a 'No charge'. He was so taken aback that he asked about buying a Parker 51, they were still uncommon in Britain at the time. He bought one, took almost all of his money, the Parker staff could see that so they invited him back at 12.00, lunch was on Parker.

Every year after that he had a Parker 51 as his birthday present.

This is the Parker Vacumatic that was worked on by Parker and its Duofold nib.

20191001_184540.jpg

20191001_184709.jpg

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
... Parker fitted a Duofold nib, handed it back with a 'No charge'. He was so taken aback that he asked about buying a Parker 51, they were still uncommon in Britain at the time

A great story! I'll bet that English Duofold nib felt better than the original did -- unless it was a semi-flex Canadian. Which model is that, looks like a Junior but the clip seems shorter than usual.

I thought it was a major Golden Pearl, I will need to measure it later today, the nib is butter smooth and perfect, some flex.

To be honest, it is a bit of a museum piece for all the right reasons.

Top Bottom