What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Today I have an Italian pen. Universal Rex in blue, black and gold celluloid with Diamine Cornflower ink
These pens were made in Milan, Italy, by a company called Fratelli Cavaliere (Cavaliere brothers), they were famous for making Waterman's overlays as well as being the sole importers of the American brand from 1931 till the end of the 1930s. Company started in 1930 and closed around 1950.

universal rex S.jpeg
Button filler and a smooth medium gold nib, impressive.
Marco

Last edited:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Today I have an Italian pen. Universal Rex in blue, black and gold celluloid with Diamine Cornflower ink
These pens were made in Milan, Italy, by a company called Fratelli Cavaliere (Cavaliere brothers), they were famous for making Waterman's overlays as well as being the sole importers of the American brand from 1931 till the end of the 1930s. Company started in 1930 and closed around 1950.

View attachment 1365723
Button filler and a smooth medium gold nib, impressive.
Marco
Very nice!

Sheaffer Legacy I, Barley Corn, gold trim, factory stub. Filled with Iroshizuku Rikyu-cha. What a treat this nib is!
My 1936 Parker Vacumatic, 0,8mm stub. The vacumatic system doesn't work any more. So I dip in my bottle of Montblanc Lavender Purple.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Managed to work my way down to four inked pens. Still one too many. So I'm bouncing between these at the moment.

IMG_20211005_155828.jpg

Wing Sung 3008 - Diamine Sherwood Green
Helix Oxford Blue - Diamine Midnight
Helix Oxford Strobe Silver - Diamine Burgundy Royale
Sheaffer VFM - Diamine Oxblood

Top Bottom