What's new

What's in your pocket today?

A Parker Duofold

P1020857.JPG

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Needed a sharp fine point today so I used my black Sailor 1911M (H-F nib) with an iron gall ink
full

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Sheaffer Jr 14K fine point + Montblanc blue-black
full

Gold nibbed economy model pen with a price tag of $2.75, hard to believe.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I rocked my new Pelikan M200 today. Fine nib. Loaded with Parker Quink Blue Black. I so love that color, but I forgot how bad it works on my work notebook and office paper. Feathers and bleeds thru like mad. I need to find a look-alike with better cheap paper performance.

tankerjohn

Sheaffer Jr 14K fine point + Montblanc blue-black
full

Gold nibbed economy model pen with a price tag of $2.75, hard to believe.
Indeed. That’s probably about $30-40 in today’s dollars (give or take). Still a crazy good deal on a gold nib pen.

Two American Classics, a little Sheaffer Flat Top and a Parker Vacumatic. Pilot Blue-Black and Blue inks respectively.

The Sheaffer was one of my best eBay bargains, $18 shipped about five years ago. I put in a new sac and realigned the tines on the nib, and it's a great little writer. The Parker cost me rather more, and I had to get it restored, but it's a great pen too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77103607@N00/

Couldn't make up my mind this morning, so I have with me:
  • Wing Sung 3008 F with Noodler's in a brown, I forget which one
  • Waterman Kulture F with Robert Oster Dragon's Night
  • Waterman Laureat M with Colorverse Supernova
  • Lami Safari F with Lami Purple cartridge
I've mostly been using the Wing Sung and Kulture today...

Wanted to bring a fountain pen on duty today so I carried my osprey milano black with the ef goulet nib and had it inked with parker quink for work.

I was about to use my new Waterman Laureat, opened it up to put in a new cartridge and saw that the threads from the section had broken off, no idea how or why.

Back to my ol' favourite brass pen, no danger of a breakage there.

Brass pen.jpg

tankerjohn

Platinum 3776 B loaded with Platinum Blue-Black. Great combo for handling the crappy paper in the training seminar I’m doing this week.

Top Bottom