What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Your nib is a 1954 or later if that helps. They changed to the logo nib then, before that script.
Scroll down about halfway to 120/140 nibs here --> Nib units since 1929 | www.pelikan-collectibles.com

Thanks. I've bookmarked the page. I think my conclusion had been based on something I read about the style of cap band, but of course, the nibs on these are easily replaceable. Anyway, it's not exactly a new pen.:001_cool:

And I expect I'll be using it again today.

Two vintage fountain pens, two mechanical pencils. Not all in one pocket.

Pelikan 140 with De Atramentis Document Blue. Mabie Todd Swan 3150 with Pilot Blue Black. Miniature pencil, unknown maker, 1.1 mm red lead. Twist action Parker pencil with 0.9 mm 2B lead.
Pocket.jpg

Green Esterbrook SJ, 9668 nib, Robert Oster Thunderstorm ink.
Black Waterman Laureat medium nib, Robert Oster River of Fire in an old Waterman cartridge.

Yesterday, the Estie unscrewed itself in my pocket. :( Small mark, washed right out when I got home. No permanent stain.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Parker Jotter with black Space Pen refill.

They say your best knife is the one you have on you when you need it. I guess it’s the same for pens. The Jotter did yeoman’s work for me today when the fancier pens were stuck in my backpack.

I've been trying to write this Kaweco Liliput dry so that I can put it away and fill something I like better. I'm a bit stubborn about not throwing away ink unless the pen that it's in is really bad. And the Liliput is not bad at all; it's just not a favorite. I had it inked for a two week trip, and hadn't finished the second cartridge by the time I got back.

But it's being really stubborn about letting me use up this cartridge. I've used up more than half, but I bet that's still at least ten journal sized pages left in there.
Liliput_7_27.jpg

Waterman Laureat M, Robert Oster River of Fire, and a Wing Sung 3008 F, Robert Oster African Gold.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Picked up a Pilot V7 the weekend, ink ball by another name. Unbelievably good for a few quid and a pack of 4 pilot black ink carts.

A few days ago I mentioned trying to empty my Liliput by writing with it. Finished that last night. Now back to the pens I really like. For lever fillers, this Mabie Todd Swan 3150 is pretty much my favorite.
Mabie.jpg

Still carrying around both: Waterman Laureat M, Robert Oster River of Fire, and a Wing Sung 3008 F, Robert Oster African Gold. I'm really enjoying both these inks, very different than my usual blue and purple preferences. Looking forward to trying some other samples soon, and am also thinking about moving the African Gold to the Waterman to see what it's like in a wider nib.

More vintageness. L-R, Pelikan 140, Mabie Todd Swan 3150, and a Wearever knockoff of a Scripto mechanical pencil. De Atramentis Document Blue, Pilot Blue Black, and a 1.1 mm 4B lead.

The case only held the pens. The pencil was carried separately.
20190803.jpg

Top Bottom