What's new

What's in your mug? - October 08

YUM

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to be like Scotto from a couple of days ago.

Ethiopian Koratie Wet Process (City +) in a Vac Pot. Very good but totally different than the Dry Processed bean. I think I like the dry processed better.

By the way, it looks like Sweet Maria's got their shipment of Ethiopian Idido Misty Valley in. :w00t:

Wanted to be like Scotto from a couple of days ago.

Ethiopian Koratie Wet Process (City +) in a Vac Pot. Very good but totally different than the Dry Processed bean. I think I like the dry processed better.

By the way, it looks like Sweet Maria's got their shipment of Ethiopian Idido Misty Valley in. :w00t:

The WP Korate is a bastard to roast. There is a really narrow window where it is stellar (right after first crack completion), and it is muted and dull everywhere else. Not at all forgiving.

Yay! Misty Valley is my favorite. I still have many pounds of last years, though. Time to get roasting.

The WP Korate is a bastard to roast. There is a really narrow window where it is stellar (right after first crack completion), and it is muted and dull everywhere else. Not at all forgiving.

Yay! Misty Valley is my favorite. I still have many pounds of last years, though. Time to get roasting.

Thanks for the tip. I usually go until i just start to hear the second crack. I'll have to stop this one earlier next time.

I just bought a load of greens recently so I might have to hold off a little on the Misty Valley. Unfortunately, this one usually gets sold out pretty fast. Decisions, Decisions.

Thanks for the tip. I usually go until i just start to hear the second crack. I'll have to stop this one earlier next time.

I just bought a load of greens recently so I might have to hold off a little on the Misty Valley. Unfortunately, this one usually gets sold out pretty fast. Decisions, Decisions.

Actually, Tom usually gets lots of IMV, so it sticks around a while.

Funny how that happens. I just bought 20 pounds myself. Good thing I'm not a huge fan of IMV.

Today I had the last of my RR Guatemala. Very good, but showing it's age. This coffee was magical fresh.

This morning was the weekly "cupboard blend" where I mix together the random dribs and drabs of home roast I have laying around for the past week or two. Sometimes they are great, sometimes average, but always interesting. Today it was a mixture of Sumatra, Ethiopia, and Kenya coffees. Not bad at all.

This morning was the weekly "cupboard blend" where I mix together the random dribs and drabs of home roast I have laying around for the past week or two. Sometimes they are great, sometimes average, but always interesting. Today it was a mixture of Sumatra, Ethiopia, and Kenya coffees. Not bad at all.

I do that, too! :lol:

I made some cupboard blend last week.

Tanzanian Peaberry, which I like.
Peet's Gaia, which I also like.

Together -- I don't like.

Who'da thunk?

Today -- two mugs of French pressed Eithiopian Yirgacheffe. I do like this coffee.

Spring Blossom (Chinese Green) Pekoe now (Specialtea's 538).

This evening it's Temple of Heavan Special Gunpowder tea that I purchased at a local Asian grocery. I simply want the kick that it provides. And there's plenty of kicks left in that 250 gram box, it's gonna last me a while.

Top Bottom