What's new

What's in your mug? - November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guatamala Oriente Dry Process, home-roasted, hand-ground, and brewed in a Bodum French press

proxy.php

I only want a tvorm for the volume aspect. sometimes I am out all day in the countryside away from anywhere to brew a cup. and a flask of coffee to take with me would be a good thing.

I only want a tvorm for the volume aspect. sometimes I am out all day in the countryside away from anywhere to brew a cup. and a flask of coffee to take with me would be a good thing.

Not only will you get more volume, but the Tvorm enhances notes differently than the vacuum pot. All good, but you may find you like certain coffees in the Tvorm, and others in the vacuum pot.

La Colombe, it's the finest coffee on the East coast. roasted here in my town of Philadelphia. you'll find it served at Boulud's restaurant Daniel, Ritz-Carlton NYC. and of course all the best here in Philly.
It is very classic European: bold with low acid like illy but much more complex IMHO. very smooth indeed.

http://www.lacolombe.com/

Earlier this afternoon, I roasted-up a mini-batch of Yemen Mokha Sharasi -- a recent purchase from Sweet Maria's.

Having read (and remembered!) Scotto's blog entry about this bean, and over-roasting in general, I decided to go Full City. Using my WestBend "Poppery II", it took 7-minutes for a 2/3-cup load, and two of 'em filled one of my small jars to overflowing.

So... I took the "excess" and ground it together with a couple of scoops of Java Monsooned Arabica. Some sweetener and Half 'n Half, and it was ready to drink.

Verdict: Absolutely delicious!

Where do I start. I visited Stuart Lee today at pumphreys coffee near my place, and he is one of the nicest chaps I have ever met. When I went in he pulled me a shot of espresso with his own brazillian espresso blend out of his very pretty La Spaziale machine. He then pulled 2 lattes and did some awesome latte artwork on the tops, 2 different designs, and gave me one of them. Later on from that after a good chat in the shop he asked if I had tried Ethiopian Yirgacheffee. When I said I hadn't he made me a filter cup with a pour over cone. None of these drinks he charged for.

I went away with 3 100g samples of coffee and I will be visiting him most likely weekly now for my beans.

Yin Zheng Bai Hao Jasmine Silver Needles - sold by QED and given to me by Papasmurf.

Interesting stuff - VERY floral nose and taste - very mild tea (it is white tea, after all) with a nice light sweetness, some astringency and a bit of a soapy note (not in a bad way and I often get this with heavily scented jasmine teas).

Real "Mocha Java" -- Java Kajumas Curah Tatal and Yemen Mokha Sharasi, home-roasted, hand-ground, and fresh-brewed in a Bodum French press

proxy.php

Well my Inferno has run out, and tomorrow the last of the Mocca sanani beans. So i'll be heading down to pick up a new batch of Juncalito and Monsun malabar this time around. Unless they have started early with the X-mas coffee which is a perfect blend of different beans, i long for christmas just for that reason, it's unbeatable. :w00t:

Where do I start. I visited Stuart Lee today at pumphreys coffee near my place, and he is one of the nicest chaps I have ever met. When I went in he pulled me a shot of espresso with his own brazillian espresso blend out of his very pretty La Spaziale machine. He then pulled 2 lattes and did some awesome latte artwork on the tops, 2 different designs, and gave me one of them. Later on from that after a good chat in the shop he asked if I had tried Ethiopian Yirgacheffee. When I said I hadn't he made me a filter cup with a pour over cone. None of these drinks he charged for.

I went away with 3 100g samples of coffee and I will be visiting him most likely weekly now for my beans.

Sweet!!
Tho I still consider myself fortunate to work near a vendor that has reasonably recently roasted beans.
- Richard

Costa Rican "Tres Rios", Roasted By Stuart Lee's Company, Hand ground and Brewed in a Bodum French Press.:lol::lol::lol:

proxy.php

Had to do that!

And ignore the grounds in the press they look odd on the pic for some reason.

Espresso-day today. Double shots of a blend of 33%Yemen Mokha Sharasi, 33% Yemen Mokha Ismaili, and 33% Mexico LaJoya bourbon. Seriously rich stuff!

I also couldn't resist trying the Jacu bird coffee as espresso. Not a good idea; great as drip, but weird tasting as espresso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom