What's new

What's in your mug? - November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 2nd infusion of Yunnan Noir after coming back from walking the dog and my soon to be 4 year old on his bike. Prior to that I had 2 cups of the final roasting of my 07 Beloya One. I will miss this, but..........

-Scott

JB, Did you ever make it back to Israel? Or am I getting myself confused? Or am I asking something too personal. If so apologies.

No; at least, not yet. My Left Foot/Toe is almost healed, but the job to which I was heading/returning still awaits a final decision on funding -- full- vs. part-time, and for how many years (i.e., 2, 3, or 4).

So, I remain here... treading water... drinking more coffee, but shaving less-frequently. Sigh. And so it goes.

Smooth shaving! and enjoy your Zassenhaus grinder and that vacuum pot, too!!

proxy.php

The zass is one of the best things you have ever recommended to me, I enjoy it greatly. I hope you are healed up soon!

Indian peaberry bold in a french press.

Incredibly bitter this morning, ground 30 seconds before brewing. Don't know what I did wrong, but I shall try again tomorrow.

Another grinding of peaberry in the press. Better this time. I know what I did last time I used the amount of grind for my bigger pot in a smaller one.

I also just had a sniff of my mothers 'ground fairtrade coffee' and it used to smell lovely to me. Now it smells like stale bitter crap. You have made a coffee snob of me!

Some Greenbeanery Ethiopian Harrar (dry process) ground in my Zass - very nice and lively - a good wake-up coffee.

Real "Mocha Java" -- Yemen Mokha Sana'ani and Java Kajumas Curah Tatal, home-roasted, hand-ground, and brewed in a Bodum French press

proxy.php

French pressed Celebes Kalossi Toraja, followed by some mug-brewed Yunnan Gold
and (currently) a rich, glorious, aromatic mug of Arya Estate Autmnal Darjeeling.

This evening I made up a double infusion of Lapsang Souchong, put it in a large thermal mug and took it out with me. That got me through the meeting. Interesting tea, it always give me a sweet tasting finish.

Home roasted Ethiopian Yirgacheffe hand ground with a Zassenhaus grinder brewed with a pour over cone filter.

Home roasting, even just pan roasting, is much better than any store bought beans. Small investment ... large returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom