What's new

What's in YOUR Mug? ~ February 2009

proxy.php

JBHoren, I apologize if this has been covered before - but how do you get such a perfect "head" on your cups? I have just recently got into coffee, and when I use my french press I see the head, or bloom in the press but it never translates directly into my cup. I would love to be able to recreate your picture perfect cups, any advice would be great!

I use filtered tap water, a blade grinder (chopper), french press, and coffee that has been roasted in the last week or two.

proxy.php

JBHoren, I apologize if this has been covered before - but how do you get such a perfect "head" on your cups? I have just recently got into coffee, and when I use my french press I see the head, or bloom in the press but it never translates directly into my cup. I would love to be able to recreate your picture perfect cups, any advice would be great!

I use filtered tap water, a blade grinder (chopper), french press, and coffee that has been roasted in the last week or two.

Half 'n Half :001_smile

Ahhh! Well it seems I've been chasing a dream. I'm going to have to try that one of these days to see if it tastes as good as those pictures look!

Any idea why an espresso can retain its frothy topping but a cup of coffee can not?

I went to my local tea house last Friday, I came back with:
Nilgiri Coonoor - black - India
Sencha Ashikubo - green - Japan (what I'm drinking right now)
Darjeeling Avongrove Cs-15 bio - white - India (that one is so good)

Best part is that a friend of mine was working, and I got everything at his price (half).

Ethiopia Idido Misty Valley, roasted to FC on Sunday, brewed in the TVorm. I just can't seem to like this bean. Had it last year a couple times, and now again. There's just something about it that doesn't sit right with me. The very strong citrus notes, notably lemon, which I love, have a harsh finish that is quite pungent. Almost like chewing on a lemon rind. I have 4 pounds left that I may end up trading.

proxy.php

All these pictures of coffee makes me wants to try some coffee. I never had a good cup of coffee yet to this day.

So half'n'half means you put milk after you french press the coffee?

Your coffees look just incredibly inviting! Thanks for all the pictures.

Ethiopia Idido Misty Valley, roasted to FC on Sunday, brewed in the TVorm. I just can't seem to like this bean. Had it last year a couple times, and now again. There's just something about it that doesn't sit right with me. The very strong citrus notes, notably lemon, which I love, have a harsh finish that is quite pungent. Almost like chewing on a lemon rind. I have 4 pounds left that I may end up trading.

Send it here, my friend.

Market District Colombian that I got from Giant Eagle, run through the Aeropress. perhaps considered pedestrian, but this one surprised me with the oily shine to the beans and a chocolate taste to it. A very good value, (especially since it was on sale) better tasting than the well rated Eight O'Clock Colombian with it's dry beans and no chocolate taste at all.

Combination of bigelow's spiced chai and stash orange spice black tea brewed in my for life whole leaf tea pot. mixed with milk and brown sugar in my mug.

Clayton

Top Bottom