What's new

Whats in your mug?~ December, 2008

This morning: Columbia Antioquia Cerulean Warbler (no, it is not bird-excreted), roasted to City and brewed in vacuum pot. Just an awesome coffee; I wish I had more.

This afternoon: many infusions of Menghai Peacock of Mengsong while playing golf videogames on the PS3 (gotta love being off from work).

This evening: a nice cup of matcha.

Tomorrow - back to work. :mad3:

Press Yirgacheffe.

Depending on the postie arriving this afternoon should be a cupping of 2 different Kenyan Gethumbwini, the AA lot and peaberry.

This morning: lots of crappy coffee from the coffee machine at work.
This afternoon: even more crappy coffee from the coffee machine at work.
This evening: (expected) Pickwick Rooibos tea.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
This morning: Columbia Antioquia Cerulean Throatwarbler Mangrove (no, it is not bird-excreted), roasted to City and brewed in vacuum pot. Just an awesome coffee; I wish I had more.

This afternoon: many infusions of Menghai Peacock of Mengsong while playing golf videogames on the PS3 (gotta love being off from work).

This evening: a nice cup of matcha.

Tomorrow - back to work. :mad3:

One of the problems with forums and the internet is that it's hard to discern the mood and intent of posts from the written word. However, I can't help but read that last line without saying to myself, "Somebody's going to pay.":lol:

Spring Blossom Pekoe (Chinese green - Specialteas' #538).

Still detoxing from 4 days as a Thanksgiving bachelor.
(If SWMBO hadn't married me some 18 years ago,
I'd probably be on life-support by now.)

[edit] And now some Arya Autumnal Darjeeling.

[edit2] Wouldja believe Ethiopian Yirgacheffe? French pressed, even.

I'm headed out the door with a Mutan White loose leaf from Stash Teas. This morning it was a French pressed breakfast blend of coffee followed by a couple cups of Temple of Heaven Gunpowder tea.

proxy.php

Being from Yorkshire,

Its Yorkshire Tea of course,
in a decent cup preferably,
loose Tea of course made in a pre warmed tea pot and left to stand for approximately 4-5 minutes.

I rarely drink coffee but when I do its made in a stove top expresso maker Italian style, Im not a fan of instant coffee really or wishy washy tea bags either. Which I think are a triumph of convenience over taste.
Real Tea is made with Loose Tea.

Just my take on hot beverages.

Best Wishes All

:smile:

This evening I enjoyed a nice cup of RR Sumatra Mandheling Organic brewed in a Back packers coffee press.....What a cup....I'm going shopping tomorrow for a real full size press.

Kenyan Gethumbwini Peaberry. Blackcurranty smoothness all round

I love the Thika Gethumbwini Peaberry (current/last crop). It was a dominant coffee in my competition blend for the SCRBC.

Black currant is one of many many flavor possibilities. Try different brew parameters. Hotter, cooler, updose, downdose, "overextract" (it's relative, hence the quotations), and under-extract.

When roasted with a very light touch (as I'd hope Steve does, or I've had a wrong impression about him for a long time) it has lots to give.

El Salvador CoE #15 Santa Maria, roasted to City+ and brewed in Technivorm. Great coffee - full of red fruits and chocolate.

Top Bottom