What's new

Whats in your mug?~ December, 2008

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
haha the problem is my parents would get at it and likely start accidentally breaking stuff. I guess if I taught them how to use everything it would be alright but I'm moving out in a month. (although they still don't understand my tea toys) Even then I'm moving out and going to a dorm so I'll probably only get a french press and a little grinder.

If this site is about anything, it's that a little time and effort (not necessarily money, although it never hurts) can transform the routine and mundane into something compelling, desirable, and delightful.

Hat-tip to Scotto! (another instance of B&B Fair-Trade coffee) :smile:

proxy.php
If you tried, you might be able to get another ml or two into the mug. :biggrin:

+++++

If this site is about anything, it's that a little time and effort (not necessarily money, although it never hurts) can transform the routine and mundane into something compelling, desirable, and delightful.
Amen & hallelujah.
A $17 French press and some decent coffee makes for a delightful coffee break, at a whopping 25¢ or so per mug.

+++++

French pressed Guatemalan Antigua.
I think I n-n-n-need another.

+++++

Now a nice Formosa Pi Lo Chun.

this is very true :)

2007 Haiwan Lao Cha Tou Brick

7 g in 100ml Yixing pot

Flavor - good
Mouthfeel – full, cooling sensation
Hui gan – light
Astringency - none
Smoke - none
Dryness- slight

Chaqi- relaxed alert
Overall value – good
Purchase again - perhaps

proxy.php

Smooth and soothing. A surprisingly clear deep red liquor, notes of yeast and dried fruits pop in and out. A very filling and relaxing tea.

I have not had many shu, but this tea would be an awesome if it only had some acidity and astringency left in it.

I have a lot of samples to go through, so today I decided to pull one out and no matter what it was I would drink it, glad this one came out after all.

Woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and this morning I'm feeling crappy. I'm resting today.

My mug(s) of the day:
  • Airborne "zesty orange formula"
  • Organic Echinacea tea. Still drinking a kettle of this
  • Miso soup
  • Orange juice to follow
  • Some Oolong later
:frown:

2007 Haiwan Lao Cha Tou Brick
That does look fine.
Woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and this morning I'm feeling crappy. I'm resting today.

My mug(s) of the day:
  • Airborne "zesty orange formula"
  • Organic Echinacea tea. Still drinking a kettle of this
  • Miso soup
  • Orange juice to follow
  • Some Oolong later
:frown:
You forgot the rum toddy. :confused:

+++++

Currently sipping some Silver Needle White to wash down the orange garlic beef with bean sprouts,
pineapple & red peppers & just a hint of habañeros on a bed of basmati. :w00t:

(Mrs. Expat, looking over my shoulder, advises that she's either going to put me on a PBS special
or have me hauled away. :biggrin:)

A demitasse or 5 of Kenyan gethumbwini peaberry out of the pour over swissgold. Blackberries and a zing to wake up this rainy Saturday.

Top Bottom