What's new

What's in YOUR Mug? ~ April 2009

Safeway French Roast. I broke out old two cup French press this morning and
just made a pot for the first time in ages. It is not that bad. Guess if I am going to do this more often I have to go buy some good beans. Yikes another "hobby" coming back.:huh:

Eight O'Clock Bokar Blend this afternoon - nice, mild cup.

This morning...waaay overslept and got a cup from the big green marketing machine...that didn't clear any fog.

Tomorrow: Try-Me (local roaster) French Roast Colombian Blend...my go-to these days.

proxy.php

Costa Rican decaf from Burman Coffee Traders. Roasted yesterday afternoon to a city roast variety and fresh ground this morning. I then brewed an awesome cup of coffee in my french press.

Clayton

Tanzania Hope Project AB, roasted Friday and brewed in Technivorm. Lush melon and chocolate notes.

I roasted this small batch (1-cup) yesterday evening, taking care to stop just after 1st crack; and, indeed, this is every bit the City+ roast that I wanted. It's a definite contrast (visual and taste/smell) to the previous Full City+ batch that I'd roasted mid-March; I much prefer this coffee at the City+ level.

As Scotto mentioned in his blog, with regard to Guatemala Antigua Finca Retana Yellow Bourbon: "Take a look at how even the roast is"

proxy.php

Last edited:
Using up the cupboard remains today:
50% Sumatra "Harimau Tiger" roasted very lightly
50% Costa Rica "Vino de Arabia" roasted medium

Surprisingly delicious!

Top Bottom