What's new

What's In Your Inventory - Expendables

I was looking at the 2020 Sabbatical thread. There are quite a few participants. I signed up for the Sabbatical and that got me to thinking. Looking at your den and your inventory of expendables - not razors or brushes, but blades, soap, aftershave, etc. - what do you have on hand.

I have the following:
Persona DE blades - 500 in unopened boxes and about half of an open box, so say 550 blades
GEM SS SE blades - I have about 85 left from a box of 100 I purchased a few years back
Feather Artist Club blades - 39
Mikes Natural Orange, Cedar and Black Pepper soap - 4 unopened tins and 2 half used tins (home and travel), so the equivalent of 5 tins
Ogallala Bay Rum aftershave - 2 unopened 8 oz bottles and roughly 4 ounces in my working bottle.

I have at least 2 years of stock in all items and some have probably a decade's worth, possibly more, in stock. I like the Persona blades and got a deal a few years back, so I bought 700 of them. Mike's soaps are great, but he is a one-man operation and finding what you want in stock is sometimes a challenge. When I get down to 2 tins, I buy several, like 4 to 6 (about half of my tins are his new plastic containers).

What is in your den's inventory?

550 Personna blades?! Wow.

In my inventory I have:
About 80 Personna DE blades
4 vdH DE blades
1 tin WSP Rustic Gaelic Tweed
1 tin WSP Formula T Sandalwood
1 bottle WSP sandalwood pre-shave oil
1 bottle WSP sandalwood aftershave splash
1 bottle razor oil

I recently switched to straight razors, so the DE blades will last me about as long as your stock.

I have avoided most ADs until I picked up a straight. Mild case of SRAD now, having purchased 4 in the last month. But I think I've beat it; only eyeing one more cut throat.

I have 94 Derby Premium blades out of a 100 pack, about 9 Dorco blades that came with my Micro touch one razor, and a couple of Kroger store brand blades. A new puck of Williams shave soap, plus 4 more on the way and 2 pucks of VDH scented. Also 3 varieties of Clubman aftershave (original, bay rum, and special reserve) Aqua Velva blue and 2 Osma alum blocks.

Great question!

My estimated expendable stock:
Blades: 200+ Personna reds, 100+ Personna labs, 200 GSB, 100 Nacet, 100+ Astra SP, 50 Wizamet SI, plush around 300 other assorted options. (Do I need to restock?)
Soaps: All eight Haslingers options (with back-ups in tallow and a few of the vegan), MWF, 4 fine options, Cella (working through a brick), Vito’s plus several sticks.
Splashes: Floid vigoroso (working through 400 ml), Proraso green, Speick, Fine (three options), Pitralon classic, La Toja (in full bottles), plus many samples.

Do I qualify as a minimalist?? :a29::a29:

A proraso sized tub of assorted blades.
One each Proraso Green and Red pucks in salsa bowls
Remainder of a Van der Hagen soap puck in my enameled mug
One each Omega 1126 brush and a baybury brush
One each, Merkur 1904 and Van der Hagen razor
1/3 bottle each of Pinaud Clubman and Vegatal
6 Shave towels

I have 2000+ blades. The biggest chunk is 350ish Super Max Blue Diamond Titaniums, and 200ish Silver Stars. The rest are a mix of GSBs, Red IPs, Derby Premiums, Voskhods, various Rapiras, Shark Chromes, and random other blades I've collected over 10 years. I paid about 6 cents a blade for the Super Max's and they perform simply marvelously for me. The Silver Stars were about 8 cents a blade, and also give me an above-average shave. I easily get 7-10 shaves on both.

I suspect The Great Blade Exchange is going to get a nice donation from me soon. I've already started a box.

I have more soaps than I can shake a stick at. Most of that is because I've collected a bunch over 10 years, and the rest is because when Sir Irisch Moos was taken off the market I went out and purchased 'extras' of some of the products I really liked. That said I probably have less than 30 distinct soap products, though I may have multiples of some of them. I've decided to take the Sabbatical time to evaluate my soap collection and pare it down a bit. I've already moved a few soaps into the shower where they provide a pre-shave hydration service, or just plain body washing.

Great question!

My estimated expendable stock:
Blades: 200+ Personna reds, 100+ Personna labs, 200 GSB, 100 Nacet, 100+ Astra SP, 50 Wizamet SI, plush around 300 other assorted options. (Do I need to restock?)
Soaps: All eight Haslingers options (with back-ups in tallow and a few of the vegan), MWF, 4 fine options, Cella (working through a brick), Vito’s plus several sticks.
Splashes: Floid vigoroso (working through 400 ml), Proraso green, Speick, Fine (three options), Pitralon classic, La Toja (in full bottles), plus many samples.

Do I qualify as a minimalist?? :a29::a29:
Looks like you're running kind of low there, @BigJ - time to replenish!
:lol1:

1 aftershave
1 balm
1 Witch Hazel/ Aloe Vera mix
100 Astra SS blades
95 Astra SP blades
95 Gillette yellow blades
7 tubs of soap ranging from full to almost empty.

As of 20200109, I have an estimate of

1000 blades
35 soap tubs
20 soap samples
7 shave sticks
3 shave creams
2 aftershaves
12 witch hazels
4 balms

600 blades among Bic, Feather, 7Oclock green, Voskhod, nacet, and Parkers.
16 A&E/the club soaps and about 75% if those have the paired a/s.
Probably 8 RR soaps and splashes, 2 PAA soaps and splashes, and of course the required tabac/mwf soaps.

1 Van der Hagen razor (Short handle)
242 Astra SP Blades
231 Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades (soon to be PIF'd)

1 Cremo horsehair brush
27 pucks of Williams Mug Soap

I'm on a 10-year 2020s single setup restraint.

I am participating in the 2020 sabbatical and can think of a few expendables. I see expendables as things I could do without, don't enjoy, and will be posting for sale/trade.

Off the top of my head I have a few soaps, a scuttle, and a SE razor.

I have about 30-40 soaps on hand. Most considered not expendable as I enjoy them and they will eventually be used. I have 25 DE blades. At my current rate, I will probably get 3-4 years out of them.

Probably 600-700 blades with almost full packs of Astra SP, Nacet, Rapira Super Stainless, and Dorco Prime Platinum and the rest spread among sampler packs, various AC format blads, Gem blades, and Kabinet blades for a shavette.

approx 15 soap pucks/tubs
15-20 samples

approx 15 aftershaves

Some of these numbers are going to go down as I get rid of some that don't meet my standards for either scent or performance/don't make me happy.

Top Bottom