What's new

what's happening with traditional boxer shorts underwear?

I have eschewed expensive suits for exquisite shirts, polo shirts and knitwear.
Having done the same for bedding, i finally decided to upgrade my underwear. The final piece of the jigsaw will be fine socks.
The UK doesn't do fine underwear apart from Sunspel and John Smedley, but seems to have a few more good sock manufacturers such as Pantherella and Corgi. There were lot's of start ups in the last few years. If you Google Filo di Scozia socks, Italy appears to have just as many sock producers as underwear.

Zimmerli insists everything is made in Switzerland, although most of their Swiss work force is Albanian and Vietnamese.

Probably not anymore. My first one was made in Poland. The second & third one say made in the EU.

That said, after wearing Hanro and Zimmerli for some time, I like Zimmerli a lot better.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I got 20+ pair of MeUndies boxers. Haven’t worn anything else in years. Don’t plan to either. Their warranty is top notch. One pair developed a tiny hole so I sent them an email - they wanted a photo. I sent the photo, they sent new underwear.

Another pair lost the button. Didn’t even ask for a photo this time, just sent another pair. Never had to call either time, just sent an email. $16 bucks each pair (subscription plan, one pair sent per month). I guess some would call them expensive but IMO, well worth it.

Someone mentioned Duluth Trading - I just recently bought 2 of their shorts. I’m a believer. Just freaking tough! You can tell they will last for years and years. Will be buying more of their stuff.

Never been a fan of boxers that just let the boys hang loose, letting gravity aggravate the dangle. Briefs provide support & boxer briefs are just the ticket. My Dad, a boxer only guy had complaint in his advanced years that he needed a taller toilet seat (yes, they make seats & spacers for the purpose) to keep from dipping the low-hanging nutsacks into water.
So far, by avoiding letting them just hang & preventing gravity-induced stretch, I'm confident I'll not have the same problem as the 'ol man did.

Never been a fan of boxers that just let the boys hang loose, letting gravity aggravate the dangle. Briefs provide support & boxer briefs are just the ticket. My Dad, a boxer only guy had complaint in his advanced years that he needed a taller toilet seat (yes, they make seats & spacers for the purpose) to keep from dipping the low-hanging nutsacks into water.
So far, by avoiding letting them just hang & preventing gravity-induced stretch, I'm confident I'll not have the same problem as the 'ol man did.
OT: I hate the aging process. It really is a curse! The water levels are higher in some toilets, but I think because of water saving nowadays they tend to be lower. I wonder if they can perform cosmetic surgery to correct the sagging.

Edit: Looks like it is actually possible to have surgery to correct the sagging (hope!).
The article doesn't list underwear support as a way to reduce the problem.

Last edited:
Another vote for MeUndies

I wear boxers most days, boxer briefs to keep everything snug and in place if I’ll be sitting or driving a lot, and trunks when exerting/moving more.

MeUndies are the most comfortable I’ve tried. And I’ve been at it for a long time and tried pretty much everything since leaving the tidy whities behind many, many years ago.

OT: I hate the aging process. It really is a curse! The water levels are higher in some toilets, but I think because of water saving nowadays they tend to be lower. I wonder if they can perform cosmetic surgery to correct the sagging.

Edit: Looks like it is actually possible to have surgery to correct the sagging (hope!).
The article doesn't list underwear support as a way to reduce the problem.
2 words: Duct Tape ...

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I like American Eagle boxers. They have plenty of cotton options at my local outlet, albeit more of a fitted athletic style and not a traditional true boxer.

Boxer briefs with pouch, no clue why they still seem to be a niche.
Once you go through a day without rubbing, sweat and all packed safe and comfy in place
you will never want anything else.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Boxers I liked included the ones the Navy issued, Brooks Brothers back when it had MIUSA real baggy boxers, and Tiger Mountain (very nice shirt materials but not MIUSA). I like traditional, baggy broadcloth of oxford cloth boxers. They are getting extremely hard to find. Whoever makes them for O'Connell's has been "down" since early in the pandemic. I hope they are back up and running soon. My Tiger Mountains are getting tired!

Boxers I liked included the ones the Navy issued, Brooks Brothers back when it had MIUSA real baggy boxers, and Tiger Mountain (very nice shirt materials but not MIUSA). I like traditional, baggy broadcloth of oxford cloth boxers. They are getting extremely hard to find. Whoever makes them for O'Connell's has been "down" since early in the pandemic. I hope they are back up and running soon. My Tiger Mountains are getting tired!
Where are the Tiger Mountains made?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Where are the Tiger Mountains made?
Not sure. I just assumed they were not made here since I have never seem them advertised that way and it seems when a product is made here that fact gets toutrd. Now I'll check!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Before the end of times i found j crew boxers to fit the bill. Cotton like broadcloth comfortable well tailored not huge bloomer parachute pants that you have to stuff in your pants.

Top Bottom