What's new

what's happening with traditional boxer shorts underwear?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
anoop:
I wear Hanes Comfort Flex Boxer Briefs (Regular Leg)...(great comfort & durability in hot or cold water) and have no issue
with them. :thumbsup:

proxy.php

proxy.php
"Look who we’ve got our Hanes on now". Hanes Slogan

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
And for old timers it's a nightmare Rudy !
Amen my friend.

If I have asked this already, please forgive me.... Do any of you have a good source for Merino Wool boxers? I have been very impressed with support socks (20-30 mm Hg) in both winter and summer.

I find that Sunspel are the best. They regularly have sales and if you're lucky you can get them 50% off, still pricey but worth the money IMO - really well put together in high quality cotton and properly designed to last a long time. Just need to get the right size - they seem to run smaller than the size would indicate. Men's Boxer Shorts | Sunspel - https://www.sunspel.com/us/mens/underwear/boxer-shorts.html
I found a 50% off sale at Sunspel awhile back and on a whim bought a pair. You're right, their sizing runs small.

It's not just the labor, but even the raw materials. Much of the cotton grown today cannot produce quality fabric. Quality cotton is rare and goes for a very high premium and thus only gets purchased by luxury brands. I have paid decent money for organic cotton blankets that I thought were good quality only to find it literally start disintegrating into fibers after barely two years of use. By disintegrating, I mean I wake up in the morning with little bits of cotton all over me and all over the bed.
Quality cotton is not that rare. Supima cotton is less than 1% of the cotton industry but still produces 1.15 million bales of cotton. That's easily 1 million luxury shirts.

Quality cotton is not that rare. Supima cotton is less than 1% of the cotton industry but still produces 1.15 million bales of cotton. That's easily 1 million luxury shirts.
Compared to the production required for fast fashion it is very less. Somehow the marketing engines of the universe have programmed people with the idea that fast fashion is a great concept and they have fallen for it. As a result there is no demand for quality product and lack of scale means price goes way up. Most people would rather have 10 cheap shirts that collectively last 6 months than one or two pricey but quality ones that last a year.

Top Bottom