What's new

Whats going on with the Yankees?

I know its early but...
They lose to Baltimore by sending a runner home when they shouldnt, Gleyber cant shine Dereks shoes at shortstop, and today they get blown away by Tampa. If General Von Steinbrenner were still around heads would be rolling. 😂

He’d hire Billy Martin for a sixth time
Actually its amazing that Cashman still has a job. His first few World Championships were won by a team built by his predecessors, and from 2001 until now they have won only one. This is their worst drought in 100 years. Possibly in the entire franchise history. I have to look it up.
Still better than the Mets though.
As I told Met fans in 2015, “You”ll always have 1986.” With apologies to Bogie.😂

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
It is a long season and plenty of playoff spots to be had. Unlike the old days when every game was important and only 2 teams went to the playoffs - the World Series.

1903 was first World Series.

George would have fired Boone by now. He has diarrhea of the mouth and doesn't hold his players accountable at all.

I know its early but...
They lose to Baltimore by...

As a Sox fan, I had this same thought when they dropped 3 straight to the O's to start. Now they've swept the Ray's and the Os.....but it's April. The Yanks are a better team and should either take the division or at least the top WC should Tampa come on strong. Sox are "rebuilding." If they can manage to win series throughout the season, it could be an entertaining year. Given our pitching issues...not expecting too much. But, this has been a fun few days.

Things will sort themselves out by the All Star break.

BTW my wife and half her family are Yankees fans (other half Sox fans...I just sit back and watch). I've learn to peacefully coexist. :wink:

1903 was first World Series.

George would have fired Boone by now. He has diarrhea of the mouth and doesn't hold his players accountable at all.
Yes, I agree.
The Yankee formula starting in 2002:
Beat up on average, mediocre, and below average pitching all year. Make it to the playoffs. Once they face a team with at least one elite pitcher they are doomed. And I say this as a huge Yankee fan. Cashman just doesnt get the right players.
And I believe only about 10% of pitching is elite, at best.
The Yankees rarely, if ever, have had a truly elite pitcher in the past 20 years, except for Mo but he was a closer.
Mussina made the Hall but they won zero rings during his tenure.
And 2004 was a disgrace.
Scott Brosius got more big hits for the Yankees than ARod.
And I would take ONeil over ARod any day of the week. Now the latter was Mr May while the former was Mr October.
2009? Well, odds are you will win at least one if you make playoffs almost every year for 19 years. Even a blind chicken finds a piece of corn every now and then. And a broken clock is correct twice a day.

And, the Ellsbury contract should have gotten Cashman fired. Actually, he should have gotten fired for the Pavano contract.
And Stantons career Yankee homers total less than he hit in 2017!
Jeter knew something. So he stuck it to Cashman, who never gave him the credit he deserved.
I think their self imposed “we must win a ring every year” works against them. Maybe if they said one every five they would make moves for the long term and not get embarrassed every October. When more than half the teams made post season last year, what the Yanks did was no great feat.
But I am still a Yankee fan, just not a Cashman fan. I mean he is approaching a quarter century as GM!!!!

I just put the TV on to find out they played this afternoon and lost. Was ready to settle in to watch the game.

Did I mention that their baserunning this year is the worst I have seen since both Bobby Meacham and Dale Berra got thrown out ON THE SAME PLAY at home plate! You read that right, folks.
I believe that game was on NBC on a Saturday afernoon for the whole country to see.

This kind of start got Yogi Berra fired in 1985!
Yogi did a lot more for the Yanks than Aaron Boone ever did.
We would be better off with Daniel Boone as manager.
They should have hired Mattingly as manager way back in 2008 instead of Joe “lets give everyone a nickname ending in y” Girardi.

Just watched Yankee pitching walk five batters in an inning to go down 2-0 in the fifth to Atlanta. The Bronx cheers were warranted when the relief pitcher threw his first strike. As a Red Sox fan, I know you'll be back.

Another Bronx cheer as the Yanks score with 2 out in the bottom of the ninth...

Don’t give up on ‘em yet. It’s a bummer to think your team’s out of it when it is still snowing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom