What's new

What's for lunch.

We had some steak left over from last night so I made a sort of pho: sweated onions, carrot, chilli and garlic then added cumin powder, coriander powder and chilli powder, plus 2 star anise, stick of lemongrass, small bit of cinnamon and topped up with cube-made chicken stock. Added in a few broccoli florets that were lurking in the fridge, and seasoned with soy sauce, fish sauce and white pepper, squeeze of lemon juice and teaspoon of sugar to balance.

After 15 mins or so, sliced up the steak, added that and a couple of nuggets of frozen spinach and let it all heat through and serve. It tasted great but not very photogenic(!)

Rib steak marinated in ginger and sesame with mashed potatoes.

Guinness draught to wash it down

20201011_110659_HDR.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I just ate an awful lot of turkey breast, provolone, tomato, and bacon with a mix of mayo and ranch dressing on fresh crusty French bread. Finished off last night's potato salad as well. A pot of tea to keep me awake for the next hour. I suspect I won't want much to eat later this evening.

EDIT: The tea is boiled and I just hit last night's blueberry pie with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top so that the tea doesn't get lonely. I suspect I'm getting dangerously close to gaining the "Covid 19."

Last edited:
Wife wants to eat light and healthy. She got some veggies but has been super busy and hasn’t had time to make lunches. So while the kids were busy with online school. I got some prep work done slicing and dicing veggies. I made her spring rolls with marinated tofu. The peanut sauce is what has the flavor. I won some brownie points today.

C9C29BE5-0C30-4C9D-A9D8-548EC7645490.jpeg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Wife wants to eat light and healthy. She got some veggies but has been super busy and hasn’t had time to make lunches. So while the kids were busy with online school. I got some prep work done slicing and dicing veggies. I made her spring rolls with marinated tofu. The peanut sauce is what has the flavor. I won some brownie points today.

View attachment 1169550
Excellent

Top Bottom