What's new

What's for lunch.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I was this close to making a Fluffernutter an hour ago but the phone rang and I was on the phone for 20 minutes, by which time my interest in eating had flagged and I decided to wait till supper, which won't be a Fluffernutter. I thawed some chorizo and some Italian sausage - there's only one of each and my wife will be here so perhaps I'll grill them and put them on a pizza with some onions and mushrooms. Maybe even some bacon. The Heart Attack Pizzeria.

IMG_20200919_114609443.jpg

Red beans with ham cooked overnight in a crockpot served over rice.

Bruch today. My wife made some banana bread with cream cheese and a casserole that consisted of potatoes, ham, eggs, cheese, tomatoes, olives, and chives. I had a Bloody Mary and she had a Mimosa. Delish!

brunch.jpg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Vegetable burgers (Morningstar Farm Grillers) with Hatch chiles, grilled red onion, melted cheese, and 1000 island.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Sandwiches made of rare eye of the round roast, home made sourdough, butter, and Crosse & Blackwell chow chow piccalilli.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Chicken salad sandwiches. The chicken salad was grilled chicken diced celery, pine nuts, julienne sun dried tomatoes, Duke's mayonnaise, and chiffonade of fresh basil.

Egg in the eye. A single egg placed in a hole in the middle of the bread and fried up on both sides leaving the yoke runny. In this case I used Challah. Absolutely delicious.

Top Bottom