What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

What's for lunch.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Be it home made or takeaway, what are you having for lunch.

Today I picked up a roast chicken while doing the weekly grocery shopping and slapped this simple lunch together.
Tiger bread rolls, cream cheese, my habanero chipotle hot sauce, coleslaw, roast chicken, cheese, salt & pepper and chipotle sauce.

Chipotle sauce - 1/3 cup mayo, 1/3 creme fraiche, a few teaspoons of my chipotle hot sauce, and the juice of a lime.

20180513_130018.jpg

Two slices of toast from homemade bread (25% whole wheat, 75% white flour), topped with a scrambled egg and a mashed-up half of an avocado, salt, pepper.
Soup mug full of Campbell's Chunky Chicken Noodle soup to go with it.
For dessert, two Christie's "Pirate" cookies and a small dish of green seedless grapes.
For some reason the Pirate cookies (peanut butter-ish filling) pair well with the green grapes.

Today and just about every day of the year, a sandwich, a crisp fresh carrot cut into four sticks, two spicy marinated green olives with the pits in- part of my physiotherapy regiment, for dessert two Presidents Choice Concerto Dark Chocolate cookies, sublime, half a piece of Lindt Ecuador Dark Chocolate and a big glass of water.

Sandwich is two slices of some sort of whole grain, sprouted, expensive loaf. I get two types of lunchmeat for the week, one is just about always roast beef, often the other is mortadella but there're a slew of cured salamis to pick from as well. Cheese- currently Gruyere, Fruilana had a long run, Kozlik's Sweet & Smokey mustard, Hellmans or kewpie mayo, leaf lettuce. Sometimes add some horseradish/wasabi sauce to the roast beef version.

dave

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Winter is here in Aotearoa. Tomato and capsicum soup, garnished with a Sannam pepper, fresh from the garden. Sourdough bread on the side.

20180527_121352.jpg

It's not summer here yet and already the last few days have been over 30C, i could enjoy a soup like that on a day like today as much i would in the dead of winter. Looks delicious Chris!
dave

I'm not sure, but I think it will involve some "Black Bomber", a nice sharp Cheddar cheese by Snowdonia.

Makes the best grilled cheese sandwich ever.

Top Bottom