What's new

What's For Dinner ???

With the summer heat going on, do you change your eating times or meals in anyway ?

Do you eat later in the evening ? Less meat and more vegetabels-fruit...or just more beer ?

mark the shoeshine boy

I would say more fruits and vegetables. My wife and I have a smoothie every morning with:
strawberries
blueberries
pineapple
banana
cottage cheese
flax seed oil
protein powder
ice cubes
milk
It's very good and refreshing. It's easy to digest too. Sometimes I have a slice of toast with peanut butter along with the smoothie if I'm really hungry.

We usually have a lighter supper too. We're in Texas so it gets pretty HOT!:spockflam

mark the shoeshine boy said:
With the summer heat going on, do you change your eating times or meals in anyway ?

Do you eat later in the evening ? Less meat and more vegetabels-fruit...or just more beer ?

mark the shoeshine boy

We almost always eat late in the day, so that hasn't changed... the only real difference that I can notice is that salads are a little more frequent and dairy products have been more-or-less dropped from my diet (dairy and heat do NOT work well for me - I don't know if this is a common thing for other people or not)... oh yeah, and the number of cold refreshing drinks (beer, rum-n-coke, etc) has gone up markedly.

My late night meals have become salads, more often than not, tomotoes, cucumbers and onion. Very cool, light and enjoyable.

Randy

We've taken to eating fairly late during the summers. The AZ heat is pretty oppressive so we save all our outdoor activities for dusk. We end up eating around 9pm. The meals themselves are lighter, lots of salads and casseroles.
Cheers,
Jeff

I have salad nearly every day until it gets hot like this then the supermarkets usually sell out of all the ingredients really quickly. It's like the hot weather catches them by suprise. I eat my usual meals but tend to reduce the quantity, I find this works best for me. I'm spending an absolute fortune in San Pellegrino (sparkling mineral water) at the mo, I seem to have a weakness for it!

Let's see, last night I made a duck-breast salad. I can't say enough good things about duck, effing delicious!

Generally in the summer is when I get my white wine drinking in, lately I'm partial to Sauvignon Blancs from N.Z.

Since I generally eat delivery at work most nights.... the summer doesn't really alter my eating habits much. Well, maybe a little. I tend to order sushi more often....

sunday, we bought one of them there pre-cooked Wal-mart roasted chicken...i fixed the side dishes in less than 15 minutes...so we didn't have to heat up the house...

if i had a dollar for every chicken i ever ate, i would have enough to buy my own Baptist church.

mark tssb

mark the shoeshine boy said:
if i had a dollar for every chicken i ever ate, i would have enough to buy my own Baptist church.

Does that mean you've eaten thousands of chickens or Baptist churches are quite cheap?

We have long breakfast and lunch threads. It seems like the dinner thread needs a resurrection.

11/17
Turkey burger patty x 1
Broccoli
Spinach

Usually dinner is at 6. I like eating early as I always have a ton of stuff on my DVR to watch in the evenings. Summer, I tend to eat lighter foods and the opposite for the winter months, even though I live in a warm clime.

I'm looking forward to the cool weather, as I really enjoy soup. Onion is my favorite, but I like just about any kind of soup.

Beef stew cooked in a cast iron pot. The recipe was straight out of Betty Crocker, which included beef, potato, carrots, onion, celery, and turnips, bay leaf and a beef broth.

Stuffed Pepper, scrambled eggs (the "egg" thread made me do it), Spanish rice, tomato and avocado slices, washed down with Fat Tire ale.

Top Bottom