What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Potato skins at Butter Run Saloon - St. Clair Shores, MI

20230528_151503.jpeg

Smoked up some St. Louis ribs, skinless chicken thighs, and six bratwurst on the Weber Performer. Used oak wood chips, results were superb. Side dishes were homemade cole slaw, baked beans and cheesy hashbrown casserole. I ask...why go to the local BBQ joint or western-theme steakhouse when you can make great tasting smoked meat at home?

Smoked up some St. Louis ribs, skinless chicken thighs, and six bratwurst on the Weber Performer. Used oak wood chips, results were superb. Side dishes were homemade cole slaw, baked beans and cheesy hashbrown casserole.
The ribs, chicken and casserole all sound awesome
I ask...why go to the local BBQ joint or western-theme steakhouse when you can make great tasting smoked meat at home?
I can’t speak for anyone else but I have three reasons.

Reason 1: The CC&Rs for my condo association doesn’t allow for grills or smokers on the balconies of the units.

Reason 2: The few grills that are available for resident use in an inconvenient location for me. And while I could probably reserve the use of one for the day I don’t want to deal with a bunch of old, entitled, W.A. (Think braying donkey), GMFRs complaining about the grill being hogged or have the food “disappear” if I have to leave it unattended.

Reason 3: All I have to do to get to a good barbecue place is walk across the street from my condo complex. Not that I’d want to walk this time of year with the heat and humidity

I bought a Ninja Woodfire Electric Grill and I’m loving it….I’ve grilled something basically every day and used the smoker once on some salmon since purchasing it lol 😝

Top Bottom