What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Last night I finished off some leftover anchovies by making a favorite of mine and the wife - spaghetti with anchovies and garlic. I threw in some sautéed mushrooms, onions, and cherry tomatoes as well.

20220113_171634.jpg

20220113_171638.jpg

Either I was ravenously hungry or this was the best version of this dish I have ever made. Usually my wife makes it better than I do.

It paired quite nicely with a new Chianti Classico that I recently picked up.

20220113_171644.jpg

All around a wonderful meal.

Tim

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
The first try at a pizza that wouldn't kill Mrs. Hippie worked out pretty well, so since we had half the sauce left we made another one tonight. Made a few additions: some chopped green pepper and some crumbled feta. The sauce was a really green one, with lots of kale in it. We love kale.

I just asked and so far she's not having a reaction to it. This is good. I really wanted to start making things she can eat now that have actual flavour. Since I'm not the one who's having difficulties it's also important that I can happily eat what she does. Mostly. I had a rice bowl with kimchi, fried egg and fermented sauce on it for lunch and that was also good.

O.H.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Made a meatloaf for the first time. My wife usually makes it. My son said mine is better.

Mrs. Hippie used to make one we called "French Kiss Meatloaf" because...well...it had a little tongue in it.

Then she was curing meat, and Corned Tongue is a lovely preparation but it kinda cornered the market and left none for meatloaves. Corned tongue tacos on fresh corn tortillas with pickled onions and mustard seeds and salsa negra are a good lunch (but now pickles and cured meats are iffy for her...)

Our current meatloaf recipe has no tomato; another one of those things MCAS people can't eat. Good, though. Had some the other day with a roasted sweet potato.

Update to last night's pizza: No serious reaction, though she did get an hour of elevated heart rate out of it. All things considered, a mild enough reaction (she says) to allow her to eat at least a little of some cheeses every once in a while. On that thought, I fired up this morning and made a batch of Queso Blanco, which is now draining and cooling. I'll probably have to tune that recipe a little, but we'll see if that can fly under the radar.

O.H.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
...and why wouldn't I?

O.H.
🤣 Wife does a roast bird with cumin, oregano, garlic, s&p, bay leaf... But instead of the typical pan roast, I filled a can with red wine/lemon and stood it up for all-over browning.

An improvement, IMO, but that's controversial because her mom all the way back to Eve didn't do it that way.

Hence the name... 🤔 Which reflects the relationship, I suppose.

AA

Last night I finished off some leftover anchovies by making a favorite of mine and the wife - spaghetti with anchovies and garlic. I threw in some sautéed mushrooms, onions, and cherry tomatoes as well.

View attachment 1393858
View attachment 1393859

Either I was ravenously hungry or this was the best version of this dish I have ever made. Usually my wife makes it better than I do.

It paired quite nicely with a new Chianti Classico that I recently picked up.

View attachment 1393861

All around a wonderful meal.

Tim

I think we'd get along very well indeed!

Top Bottom