What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Et, voila!
tempImage0a2ls2.png
tempImageipPngw.png
6BB8C921-3447-4726-8BB4-EFF9B0810258.JPG

Dinner the other night was seared and grilled pork belly marinated with a mix of soy sauce, Mirin, and Saki. Here is the pork fresh off the grill -

20210924_180821.jpg

The meat was paired with grilled vegetables marinated with a Balsamic Vinaigrette...

20210924_180906.jpg

...and toasted homemade bread -

20210924_182045.jpg

I must confess though, the pork looks better than it went over. I guess I am just not too fond of the amount of fat to meat ratio on this cut of pork.

Next time around I think I will try the same recipe with pork chops.

Tim

Got some Aussie 'beef for stir fry' from the supermarket yesterday - their selection wasn't great as I initially was thinking flank and do the Tex-Mex style with it but they had none so the meat is now marinading in light soy, dark soy, sugar, garlic, a lot of black pepper and a touch of sesame oil. After I finish faffing around on here I shall chop up ginger and garlic and a few spring onions and fling into the wok. I have some broccoli and am considering ricing it. I shall let you know, dear readers.

Last night we went vegetarian with a quinoa - Summer sqaush casserole, grilled corn and black olive and herb focaccia.

20210926_165751.jpg

Dinner was early so I could head off to the movies to see CopShop. An awesome "shoot em up" that had no sociopolitical message and did not require deep thought to thoroughly enjoy.

Tim

Broccoli rice went down pretty well - I chopped the florets and trimmed the stalk and put those along with a clove of garlic into the processor, and gave it a few pulses. It came out quite fine but still with some texture. I think just sauted it with a finely chopped shallot and seasoned it with salt and white pepper - I tend to use white pepper with vegetables now, I find I quite like the spiciness of it compared to black pepper. There wasn't a lot of broccoli as it was quite a small head to start with so I added a handful of frozen peas which seemed to work ok. Almost certainly will be repeated.

Another meat-free night, but delicious nonetheless. Tonight was a pairing of my wife's stuffed summer squash and my homemade baba ghanouj. A toasted slice of homemade oatmeal bread was added to make sure I would be full. It also was a wonderful complement to the rest of the meal.

20210928_174429.jpg

Tim

Tried out a new thing. Yuba is tofu skin that comes from the process of maki soy milk. It’s sheets of tofu that can be wrapped around vegetables or meat and whatnot to make delicious foods. I sought out the pre made version in the freezer section at a Lion supermarket. My wife who’s of Chinese decent had never heard of it. It was a hit with both of us. Rice, gai lan( Chinese broccoli) and a tofu roll stuffed with mushrooms and whatnot.

Attachments

• C4DB5D3A-96E9-47DE-9C06-9894D3377806.jpeg
    C4DB5D3A-96E9-47DE-9C06-9894D3377806.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Fried chicken with mashed potatos (chives, heavy cream, 1 stick butter and handful cheese) pan cooked zucchini with yello squash onions and garlic, white country style gravy and for desert a spice cake with coconut pecan frosting and 1 loaf banana bread with cranberry and 1 with pecans. Yum. Fat and happy.

Attachments

• 20210930_184101.jpg
    20210930_184101.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 2
Top Bottom