What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Boston Butt on a Holland grill
BB On Holland Grill.JPG

Hobo dinners this evening. A big 'ol hamburger patty topped with thinly sliced potatoes, a pile of corn and several slices if american cheese, all wrapped up in aluminum foil and baked.

Last night was shrimp scampi and spaghetti. Here is before plating -

20210706_181806.jpg

and after -

20210706_182339.jpg

20210706_135604.jpg

I paired this meal with slices of rosemary infused bread and a wonderful Argentinian white wine I am trying for the first time. The grape is Torrontes and here is the description of the wine "Aromas of lemon, lime and pastry dusted with powdered sugar lead to a round palate with citrus-like acidity. Pineapple and melon flavors come with a touch of salt, while the palate feels full with a slight grip."

20210706_182350.jpg

I used a cup of this wine to make my seafood stock by adding it to skillet of the shrimp shells sautéed in olive oil along with lots of garlic and some basil and scallions. Given the citrus notes of the wine it turned out to be the perfect choice for my shrimp scampi which had a healthy dose of lemon juice and some zest to top it off.

Tim

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
My wife and I made another excursion south to Jungle Jim's Int'l Foods the other day, so tonight we made a fry for supper. Fried egg, back rasher, black pudding, sauteed mushrooms, fried tomato, and cheddar cheese on a toasted bagel. Baked beans on the side. The first one tasted like another, so another I did.

We're having a few people over (5 as is the maximum allowed!) and we are doing a kind of buffet. The missus is currently preparing "sambal dang" a spicy Indonesian prawn stir fry. The prawns are fresh from the seafood counter this morning but my goodness they smell rank. Apparently they smell ok to her. How can anyone eat such stuff?? (I am not a seafood fan).

Top Bottom