What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Another Taco Tuesday entry. I whipped up a shrimp version. . .

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.39.23 PM.png

We've been doing meatless Mondays since the new year so last night I did some taco cups with veggies and textured vegetable protein (I'm liking the Bob's Red Mill TVP for a meat substitute in a bunch of different dishes).
Decided to keep the meatless trend going tonight so I'm doing a Beyond Burger with some roasted green beans on the side. I really do like the way I feel after a Beyond/Impossible burger compared to a regular beef burger, or even a turkey burger. They're obviously not low fat by any means, but definitely leave me feeling less heavy and "cleaner" if that makes sense.

Looks good :)
You ever finish with torch ? Just curious what others do :)
I do a lot of sous vide seems my go to is a outside steel griddle insane hot or a torch (have 3 torches all a step up depending on what I am cooking)
love sous vide cooking though !
Don't have an outside option here so cast iron pan as hot as I dare and whack it in. Seconds each side otherwise it overcooks. The first time I tried it, I left it way too long and the pan was nowhere near hot enough, steaks utterly ruined.

Looks good :)
You ever finish with torch ? Just curious what others do :)
I do a lot of sous vide seems my go to is a outside steel griddle insane hot or a torch (have 3 torches all a step up depending on what I am cooking)
love sous vide cooking though !
I don’t have a torch. The BGE gets screaming hot if you run it wide open. Occasionally use cast iron pan.

Top Bottom