What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Greek Salad

F83019ED-5CC1-4883-B74D-D15833727A1C.jpeg

Mother in laws 80’th birthday dinner. i Only took one picture. Stared with soup then bok Choi and mushroom, broccoli beef, salt and pepper pork chops, honey walnut prawns, Peking duck, crispy chicken, garlic crab, long life noodles, rice. Also a dish I can’t remember the name but it’s ground pork with salted fish steamed. that’s the only dish I didn’t eat.
D62AA251-AF7E-4BDD-8660-B6B6A7F0E4D0.jpeg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I hadn't had grouper in ages. Used to get fresh caught at a little hole in the wall in San Miguel, and the filet would be almost as big as the plate, sooooo.

Baked grouper, roasted asparagus, and baked potato. No beans and rice as sides this time. :biggrin1:

1620006346010.png

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I hadn't had grouper in ages. Used to get fresh caught at a little hole in the wall in San Miguel, and the filet would be almost as big as the plate, sooooo.

Baked grouper, roasted asparagus, and baked potato. No beans and rice as sides this time. :biggrin1:

It was a coin toss for us last night. Grouper or snapper.

1lb of bacon then put 1lb of meat in the grease and cooked and then mixed the two up :) With a bit of cheese
I usually make this with 2 lbs of meat but had a 1lb of meat defrosted and was to lazy to defrost another lb :)
then a cheese roll up thingy (kinda like cheese tortilla) with some turkey and a ton of pepperoni :) because I did not make my above with 2lbs was till hungry why I had the extra roll up thing hahahahah

Went (multicultural) Korean last night. Picked up some beef short ribs from a local Brazilian butcher. Marinated them in Korean Kalbi BBQ sauce and here they are right off the grille -

20210502_192141.jpg

They are actually much BIGGER than they look in the picture. Cut them and my daughter and I enjoyed them plated with Korean Kimchi and tater tots.

20210502_192544.jpg

Tim

Yesterday wasn't a great day for me, so our original plans of meatloaf and green beans got pushed back to tonight. Instead, we fixed a pot of white rice, my girlfriend heated up some leftover saag paneer, and I broke out a can of saba misoni (miso-simmered mackerel). The canned saba misoni is surprisingly good, actually, especially as canned fish goes.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It was a coin toss for us last night. Grouper or snapper.

Snapper is good. Been out in the Gulf a few times fishing for them. Have some store bought filets in the freezer. Have a grill basket I haven't used yet so that might get a workout sometime this week.

Top Bottom