What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
And what, pray tell, will the fishmonger be delivering tomorrow? (He asks with potential envy)

5kg of tilapia fillets
3kg of Manx kippers
12 salmon fishcakes

Unfortunately, I've only managed to clear one drawer of an undercounter freezer, and that lot simply won't fit. :facep:

However, I do have a joint of venison and 1.4kg of minced beef that I can pull out tomorrow and convert to jerky. I'll get the fishcakes in, and get the kippers bagged up and in the freezer too, then fill up the remainder with as much tilapia as I can. Any leftover tilapia fillets that won't fit in the freezer, will probably be converted to jerky.

It's looking like tomorrow will be a busy day.

Last night it was spinach ravioli with a cream sauce containing mushrooms and spinach. Filling and very good. Some Italian bread and a glass of wine.

1614175473906.png

We have friends coming over for "drinks and nibbles" so I am about to put a lump of sirloin in the oven which will served rare with crusty bread and mustard for cave-person style eating. Some chicken is marinading ready to be sharwama chicken with homemade taztziki while another batch is about to become tori karaage. I've made some aioli because it never goes amiss. Salad. Potato salad. Bread and butter pudding. Snacks, olives, cheese board. That should do! Oh, and a shed load of alcohol...

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We have friends coming over for "drinks and nibbles" so I am about to put a lump of sirloin in the oven which will served rare with crusty bread and mustard for cave-person style eating. Some chicken is marinading ready to be sharwama chicken with homemade taztziki while another batch is about to become tori karaage. I've made some aioli because it never goes amiss. Salad. Potato salad. Bread and butter pudding. Snacks, olives, cheese board. That should do! Oh, and a shed load of alcohol...
If ya buy my passport I'm on my way.

Top Bottom