What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Pulled pork sammy.

1609893057245.png

Over here we have stuffed peppers, "old world" style. My wife (half Greek on her mother's side, and half Irish) makes them different than my ancestors,....she BAKES them! I don't. I'm all about traditional (German-Austro-Hungarian kind),....pretty much everything. So,.....I mix ground beef, ground lamb, and rice, add pulverized onion, and garlic, spices (Vegeta, rosemary, oregano, black pepper, and cumin), and stuff the hollowed out green peppers with that. I cook them in the sauce made from white vine, diced tomatoes, and pasta sauce (don't forget the roux, if you try it!). Before they are done (they need to cook for about two hours), I drop two whole potatoes (peeled) in the pot (30-40 min before the peppers are done). I slice the potato (and crush it with the fork) once they are on the plate. I serve that with fresh baked bread, and Plugra butter.

Simple, "peasant" dish, and great for this time of the year (keeps you warm and cozy).

Over here we have stuffed peppers, "old world" style. My wife (half Greek on her mother's side, and half Irish) makes them different than my ancestors,....she BAKES them! I don't. I'm all about traditional (German-Austro-Hungarian kind),....pretty much everything. So,.....I mix ground beef, ground lamb, and rice, add pulverized onion, and garlic, spices (Vegeta, rosemary, oregano, black pepper, and cumin), and stuff the hollowed out green peppers with that. I cook them in the sauce made from white vine, diced tomatoes, and pasta sauce (don't forget the roux, if you try it!). Before they are done (they need to cook for about two hours), I drop two whole potatoes (peeled) in the pot (30-40 min before the peppers are done). I slice the potato (and crush it with the fork) once they are on the plate. I serve that with fresh baked bread, and Plugra butter.

Simple, "peasant" dish, and great for this time of the year (keeps you warm and cozy).
Greek roasted potatoes are amazing. I can never get them perfect but even the Greek food court places at the mall make them taste great.

I am Irish and my family eats a lot of potatoes, but Greek potatoes done right are perfect IMO. 👍

Top Bottom