What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Well it is winter and even here in florida it has been chilly. Win dixie has boiled hams for $1.19 lb.so tomorrow I will cut the meaty part off , vac seal it for a roast ham dinner some night, and will make New england style boiled dinner from whats on the bone. Basically, throw the ham in a pot and let it simmer in water for 4-5 hrs. towards the end throw in carrots, potatoes, and quarter a small cabbage, depending on family size, put on top and let it simmer for the last hour or so. Also add a bay leaf.
Voila, you have your vegies and the meat is tender and stringy and very tasty.

Potato latkes. And they are awesome.

My wife, who is a very good cook, decided to make these today. The fact that it is Hanukkah was what triggered this (we are Irish Catholic) but we have always loved these.

Maybe she will make beef knishes next time. 👍

Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends.

95CB64DC-BEC8-42F8-A8D4-869E3BD1C8B0.jpeg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Grilled filleted beef tenderloins and golden potatoes; mushrooms and onions sauteed in garlic butter. Steamed zucchini and broccoli with a little cheese sprinkled on top. Big, warm, fresh chocolate chip cookies. It is good having my youngest home from college. That's two meals where she baked something with chocolate chips just today!

Smoked salmon and asparagus quiche. Another round of homemade meals.

I am glad I am working from home. I would be surprised if I could do up any of my dress pants or sports jackets. My wife either loves me of is trying to give me a heart attack or diabetes.

Owen Bawn

Smoked salmon and asparagus quiche. Another round of homemade meals.

I am glad I am working from home. I would be surprised if I could do up any of my dress pants or sports jackets. My wife either loves me of is trying to give me a heart attack or diabetes.
Yeah I say I've gained the "Covid 19" since being home all the time.

Grilled filleted beef tenderloins and golden potatoes; mushrooms and onions sauteed in garlic butter. Steamed zucchini and broccoli with a little cheese sprinkled on top. Big, warm, fresh chocolate chip cookies. It is good having my youngest home from college. That's two meals where she baked something with chocolate chips just today!
I eat great meals when the kids are around! My wife has taught them to be great chefs! Looking forward to holiday eats.

Tonight, though, I had a meal in a bag meant for camping. Going to have to eat a meal at the bottom of the Grand Canyon soon, and I am giving it a try. Just add 2 c. boiling water for Fettuccini Alfredo with chicken!

Owen Bawn

I have. Almost 20lbs. Crazy. At least my face is soft as a baby’s butt at all times and I smell and look damned good. Almost not fair for other fellas.

I work with a guy who grew up in the Eastern Townships. Once in a while when I see him I'll say "Hey Richard- two minutes for lookin' so good." Then one day I had on blue jeans and as he walked past me he said "Ooo la la, Sassoon!"
"Du hockey comme dans le temps!" which is how the Quebecers express the idea of "old time hockey."

Top Bottom