What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Pineapple and chicken fried rice. Not fried like you'd think, I used less than a tablespoon of coconut oil. Chicken was marinated in Soy Vey Teriyaki, good stuff.

198.jpeg

Please do tell more about that sausage. That sounds wonderful, and my home is getting mighty light on sausage.

5# boneless chicken thighs (ground 6mm plate usually)
1/2# crumbled feta
3 cups chopped spinach
3 TBSP kosher salt
2.5 TBSP white pepper
1 TBSP ground marjoram
1 TBSP tarragon (crushed dried)
2 TBS Paprika (Spanish Hot Smoked usually but I will change it up)
1 TBSP cardamom
2 TBSP minced garlic
5 oz chicken stock

(At some point I’ll convert to grams but I always make 5# batches)

Makes great patties also, topped with sharp provolone cheese.

Tom

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
5# boneless chicken thighs (ground 6mm plate usually)
1/2# crumbled feta
3 cups chopped spinach
3 TBSP kosher salt
2.5 TBSP white pepper
1 TBSP ground marjoram
1 TBSP tarragon (crushed dried)
2 TBS Paprika (Spanish Hot Smoked usually but I will change it up)
1 TBSP cardamom
2 TBSP minced garlic
5 oz chicken stock

(At some point I’ll convert to grams but I always make 5# batches)

Makes great patties also, topped with sharp provolone cheese.

Tom

Thanks, Tom. As good as it sounded before, it sounds even better after seeing the recipe. That just might have to be dinner later on this week.

Chili with beans, lots of tomatoes, onion and green peppers. Top it off with salsa, shredded cheddar or sour cream. And of course half a sleeve of Keebler saltines. Stuff has been simmering on low heat since 2pm and smells real good. Leftovers will make chili dogs tomorrow or Thursday night.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I whipped up a five pound batch of that sausage @eightysixCJ was good enough to share. I stuffed about two thirds or so of it into sheep casings and cooked up the rest in patties for supper.

Outstanding recipe! I just managed to get a pic before the patties were all gone. I might back off the cardamom a little (and I may not--just personal taste), but I will make this again and likely in a ten pound batch (or greater). This batch won't last long.

Thanks, Tom!

20200707_205547.jpg

I whipped up a five pound batch of that sausage @eightysixCJ was good enough to share. I stuffed about two thirds or so of it into sheep casings and cooked up the rest in patties for supper.

Outstanding recipe! I just managed to get a pic before the patties were all gone. I might back off the cardamom a little (and I may not--just personal taste), but I will make this again and likely in a ten pound batch (or greater). This batch won't last long.

Thanks, Tom!

View attachment 1122944

Very sorry, my mistake, should have read 1 TSP of cardamom. It’s a very flexible recipe I usually play with the amounts and type of pepper and paprika.

Looks great!

Tom

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Found a beautiful thick bone-in ribeye at the mkt. Decided to grill it and make a steak salad.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 8.15.35 PM.png

Mint & Thai basil from the garden; cilantro, english cucumber, shallot, diced Thai chili. A simple dressing of lime juice and fish sauce. Perfect summer dish.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
My lovely wife had this waiting for me when I got home from work today.
5996BC2A-60E6-45AA-8968-2A8D07731560.jpeg

93B0FCBB-2CFF-473C-833D-CF7DE2444CC5.jpeg

Shrimp and avocado salad served in our fancy company eating bowls.
She knows yesterday and today were bad days.

Top Bottom