What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
No pix. Cooked some 1" bone-in pork chops in the Sous Vide pot. Dinner rolls, glazed carrots and mashed potatoes. Mushroom gravy on the side.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Foods I think of as luxurious splurges seemed unusually affordable. Lobster tails were $4.97. If you are in New England that might not seem great, but in central Texas it seems like a deal. So we kicked 2020 out the door and off of the property with steamed lobster tails and asparagus and a bottle of Oregon Champagne style sparkling wine.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Black Eyed Peas & Collard Greens ready for a long, slow simmer...

IMG_0555.jpeg

Black-eyed Peas, Cabbage and country ham. I snuck a little Samson Sauce into the peas while my wife was downstairs. Best steak sauce in the world and such a story. "20 drops will cure insanity or else drive you crazy." You had to buy it in bulk because it disappeared when the manufacturer commenced to drinkin' for a spell.
1609543343415.png

Homemade mac and cheese.

We bought a large amount of cheese for Christmas and NYE and decided to grate a bunch of applewood smoked cheddar, gruyere, smoked Gouda and a few other left over slabs. Turned out great. 👍

New years eve was take out from KC Sushi, New Years Day was grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with blackeye pea salad, Saturday was broccoli cheese soup and yesterday was cast iron fried chicken thighs and green beans with baby potatoes.

Attachments

• 12221 (2).jpg
    12221 (2).jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 2
  • 12222 (2).jpg
    12222 (2).jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 12223 (2).jpg
    12223 (2).jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom