What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Just got back from the supermarket run with a lump of flank steak which will shortly be going in a Texmex style marinade of lime, coriander, chilli, smoked paprika, cumin and oil before it gets blasted in the air fryer. I picked up some (hopefully) ripe NZ avocados for a guacamole, and some green stuff. Add a bag of quinoa wraps and almost healthy eating. A pity it will all be offset by Too Much Wine and some Negronis.

Linguine with vodka sauce and hot Italian sausage and chicken meatballs.

Glass of Merlot to wash it down. 😃

20201121_120623_HDR.jpg

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Tonight was seafood (shrimp, crab claw and oyster) gumbo with andouille.

First you make a roux...

24787A1E-8B29-485E-BD73-DADB41ADE2AB_1_201_a.jpeg

Then brown the andouille...

72CB55B1-AADA-49CB-91D2-F42BCA403D95_1_201_a.jpeg

Sweat down the 'Trinity' and some okra and garlic....

Add those to the roux and the seafood stock...

Dump the shrimp, crab and oysters in and let it stew without boiling.

B284AB4D-D91B-4951-9D19-8497EFF635E3_1_201_a.jpeg

Add a little parsley at the last minute and pour over a mound of rice.

54B32C9B-F95C-4F2F-86DF-228CA46E2FFD.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
IMG_20201121_183350879.jpgIMG_20201121_183408788.jpg
Thick ole pork chops in the pressure cooker. (Forgot the pics of the roasted brussel sprouts, and the rice.)
Was going to be this:IMG_20201121_185003540.jpg
Spaghetti squash. Then for some reason my lovely wife decided on the other stuff.

Lol, guess which choice had lower calories?

I had halibut last night too. I cooked it in some butter with a bit of salt and dill then turned down the heat and added a small splash of wine and covered for a few minutes.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I had halibut last night too. I cooked it in some butter with a bit of salt and dill then turned down the heat and added a small splash of wine and covered for a few minutes.

Halibut doesn't need much of anything. One of my favorites!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Boiled crab legs and shrimp, along with a few fried shrimp and some homemade hush puppies.

Accompanied by my world famous red sauce that a guy in an oyster bar in N'Awlins showed me how to make several years ago.

1606092924177.png

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Morningstar Farms Griller on Hawaiian roll, topped with a slice of grilled onion, Durkee sauce, and home made chili sauce accompanied by nice crisp Tater Tots and ketchup.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Taco salads with minced beef and refried beans. I ate too much sour cream and cheddar jack cheese. I've probably gained the "Covid 19" over the past 8 months, if you know what I mean. Still, it was delicious.

Top Bottom