What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Homemade pizza. It was pretty good but simple.

I actually had a yeast failure for the first time ever. I got the water too hot. I let it sit thinking it would rise eventually but it was dead. Had to start over.

Mountain House Beef Stew Pro Pak. I got it as part of a Mtn House 1-week single person emergency kit eleven years ago when I moved the family out to Georgia. Figured I'd better try it before I decided I had an additional 7 weeks food stash. Dang thing was pretty darn good! That said, I'm leaving the others for the last meals if it gets that far; it seems a waste to use something that is so well packaged and preserved if the world doesn't end in another month or two.

And think! IF I pass and leave them behind; oh what a wonderful gift for the folks who come and ransack the house after I'm gone! Maybe they'll care for my orphaned cats.

Tuna melt on potato bread with Havarti cheese. I mixed a chopped pickle, mayo, mustard, green onion and dill to two cans of tuna. Was going to make salad or soup to go with it. Forgot or something? The sandwiches were enough on their own.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Red beans, basmati, and andouille sausage. Jalapeno cornbread mini muffins on the side.

052CF4CA-6907-4D10-8E3A-0001569E1E69.jpeg

Instant pot pork ribs. Sauced them up with Hoisin sauce and baked it on in the oven. Then drizzled honey all over them. Rice and three bean salad on the side. My 14 year old was super happy.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
DD916972-7F62-4A7E-BFD0-67AAB7EB7207.jpeg
Sheltered in place. Grilled mahi that we caught in the Sea of Cortez with a (too) thick mushroom sauce. Bacon wrapped asparagus spears and black beans. Not sure how much longer I can hold out :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom