What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Another simple meal that appears to be more impressive than it really is. A big tin of tuna, drained & mixed with mayo, mild curry powder, one quick shake of garlic powder, chopped sultanas, diced celery, onion, & green onion, & a tablespoon of diced apricot. With apple cider vinegar cole slaw and sourdough bread left over from last night.
You seem to eat a lot of prepared and heavily salted foods.

You seem to be presumptuous. I just read through your posting history and yes, that's correct. You like to presume.
Yes, I presumed based on the limited data you presented. That is why I stand ready to be corrected.

Isn't that how conversations work?

Unless of course you are dealing with someone who is defensive. Then it isn't possible to have a conversation.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yes, I presumed based on the limited data you presented. That is why I stand ready to be corrected.

Unless of course you are dealing with someone who is defensive. Then it isn't possible to have a conversation.
Text can sometimes read as confrontational, even if not intended. I read your post that way, though it probably wasn’t.

I was gonna smoke a chiçken on my 1970s vintage sadly named "Mr Meat Smoker", but my 1942 vintage Mom l'm care taking wanted a roast chicken a'la turkey with stuffing & Brussels sprouts & mashed potatoes & pan gravy... So that's what we are having + an awesome soup tomorrow.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

Yeah, there's your problem.

Tonight for dinner I am attempting to put together a Tonkotsu Ramen. My broth has been going for 6 hours so far and hope to do get in another 4-5 hours before serving it. I made the Ajitsuke Tamago (soft-boiled marinated egg) last night and this morning I have made the Mayu (black garlic oil) and Chashu pork (pork belly). The noodles are all that I am not making from scratch. Maybe next time I will make those too but this soup is taking too much of my weekend already lol. Also hoping to get the time to put together a Tiramisu in the next hour or two in-between doing the mountain of dishes.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Tonight, I had salt along with some prepared food for dinner. :biggrin:

A little later I'll be having a slice raspberry key lime pie for dessert. :biggrin1:

IMG_0281.jpeg

I am happy with the Ton
Tonight for dinner I am attempting to put together a Tonkotsu Ramen. My broth has been going for 6 hours so far and hope to do get in another 4-5 hours before serving it. I made the Ajitsuke Tamago (soft-boiled marinated egg) last night and this morning I have made the Mayu (black garlic oil) and Chashu pork (pork belly). The noodles are all that I am not making from scratch. Maybe next time I will make those too but this soup is taking too much of my weekend already lol. Also hoping to get the time to put together a Tiramisu in the next hour or two in-between doing the mountain of dishes.

I am happy with how the Ramen and Tiramisu turned out.
ramen.jpg

cake.jpg

I've been doing absolutely insane amounts of work (new Rhino exhibit at the zoo) this past week, and honestly been pretty much eating pizzas, cannolis, Chinese food and all other sorts of nonsense yet dropping weight like crazy. Just moved into a new place, however (enormous kitchen, naturally) and am testing out the new appliances.

Low carb tortillas, chicken breast marinated in Soy Vey, bell peppers, pineapple, avocado. Sort of a sweet and spicy thing going on.

1696.jpeg

Last night was a Costco rotisserie chicken, rice and some potato, carrots, zucchini and tomatoes from the garden sautéed.

made lunch for the wife who’s working from home. Sesame noodles with some other things to make it more of a satisfying meal. Tofu, daikon kimchi, meat balls, cucumber and tomatoes. We use to have to drive a ways to get these noodles. Now the Costco down the street carries them. If you see them give them a try.

Attachments

• 918502A4-9D82-43FF-A21D-C429F9BF37FF.jpeg
    918502A4-9D82-43FF-A21D-C429F9BF37FF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • C67437E9-8001-4E85-834F-B271C889E828.jpeg
    C67437E9-8001-4E85-834F-B271C889E828.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • BAAFE730-9AFF-4D09-8D87-A5F2814203CC.jpeg
    BAAFE730-9AFF-4D09-8D87-A5F2814203CC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom