What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Saturday night take out from K.C. Sushi, perfect after a long day of painting.........
1596464664144.png

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
-Grilled hot dogs- Tony Packo's Hungarian dogs. One of the few good things about living in western Ohio.
-a tin of Bush's 'Steak House' beans
-Home made cole slaw with a vinegar based dressing my wife 'invented' at about 5.30 yesterday evening. I hope she remembers what she put in it, because it was good.
-Fresh sourdough bread with that crust... you know what I'm talking about...

-Grilled hot dogs- Tony Packo's Hungarian dogs. One of the few good things about living in western Ohio.
-Home made cole slaw with a vinegar based dressing my wife 'invented' at about 5.30 yesterday evening. I hope she remembers what she put in it, because it was good.

Reminds me of Corporal Klinger.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Pork Chop sandwich with 'fresh from the garden' tomatoes and slices of my sourdough. Slathered with Duke's mayo, of course.

Owen Bawn

My cousin dropped off a small male sockeye freshly netted from in the Skeena River yesterday. Gonna fry up a couple of steaks tonight with some red potatoes boiled + a salad of some sort. I have been jonesing for some fresh salmon for a while. Thanks buzzin' cousin!
There is no better salmon than a fresh sockeye! No marinade or brine needed.
One of the best ... but my vote is for "blueback" coho. They are young, about 2-3 lbs, and have been eating mainly small shrimp.

Phenomenal.
Coho & sockeye are both terrific. Especially when the fish is wild and freshly caught from a clean cold river like the Skeena. I eat a lot of Atlantic salmon, & when it is fresh it is amazing. However, most of what I get is farmed. The quality of farmed salmon is always consistent, but it is missing something found in the wild. Much of what I eat is smoked. I enjoy most Pacific varieties hot smoked & served as filets, while the Atlantic I like cold smoked and shaved. But it is all great stuff.

Owen Bawn

Another simple meal that appears to be more impressive than it really is. A big tin of tuna, drained & mixed with mayo, mild curry powder, one quick shake of garlic powder, chopped sultanas, diced celery, onion, & green onion, & a tablespoon of diced apricot. With apple cider vinegar cole slaw and sourdough bread left over from last night.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I want to take the train to Chicago next year, and drive from there to Cleveland (my adopted home town). Packo’s will be a pit stop.

An air fryer evening! Sliced fingerling potatoes lengthwise, tossed them with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, parsley,a and salt and pepper. Into the air fryer for 15 minutes. When they were done kept them warm in the oven while the air fryer worked it's magic on a nice piece of sockeye salmon. Also steamed some asparagus.

Top Bottom