What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

My wife prepared my dinner for work tonight. Chicken fried chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, and cream gravy.
View attachment 1109156
View attachment 1109154
View attachment 1109155
That meal looks darn good--growing up on the farm we had grub like this aplenty. Coming in for dinner from working in the fields, grandma and mom had enough made for us for a second helping, then came pie or cake. Then it was back to work till suppertime. How I miss the good old days of being on the farm.

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
That meal looks darn good--growing up on the farm we had grub like this aplenty. Coming in for dinner from working in the fields, grandma and mom had enough made for us for a second helping, then came pie or cake. Then it was back to work till suppertime. How I miss the good old days of being on the farm.
She and our youngest baked two cheesecakes this morning. One was strawberry and the other was black cherry. She packed me a piece of one. I just haven’t checked to see which.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I have never eaten pozole. It doesn’t appeal to me. Gimme menudo

I'm the exact opposite. Never got into menudo or tripas. My best friend's mom made the best posole and synchronisadas. When we had been outside working all day, a hot meal was the last thing that you wanted but her food was over the top!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Grilled zucchini and shrimp with pesto and cherry tomatoes from my garden.

20200604_183310.jpg
20200604_183325.jpg

Last night was Lobster and cheese ravioli tossed with sauteed baby bella mushrooms, garlic, shallots and fresh rosemary. Pasta water added with some Pecorino Romano to make a sauce. Great 15 minute meal.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
You have good taste. These are a staple at my house, along with Earls' regular flavor. Also the Opa Country flavor, those are what we serve to guests that come over for burgers and links. People ask what they are and where to buy them.

Just normal, everyday junk food. The Pittsburg ones are not near as hot, but they are good, and greasy. Pittsburg is a little over an hour from me...been to their restaurant several times. A BBQ place here has them smoked, and sometimes Wallyworld will have them in stock. Little tiny things compared to a regular hot liink.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
My wife packed me eggplant with a link of mild Italian Sausage for my dinner.
She skinned it and then cut it into chunks, pan fried it in EVOO in a cast iron skillet, added some marinara sauce, lots of cheese, and then threw it in the oven.
It is great!
Almost makes me excited to get to work for my 4-12 shift.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
One chicken sandwich
One small fries
These are from Burger King
And some Pepsi with ice cubes

Top Bottom