What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Son-in-law requested my wife’s ground beef bulgogi for dinner. Excellent with jammy, soft boiled eggs.
24D8D433-62C8-4435-A904-19DB3631B265.jpeg

no pics its gone :)

2 NY steaks sous vide for 1.5 hours and then put in carbon steel pan with some butter and bacon grease a bit of garlic and some thyme we had left over from Xmas :) just for a super quick crust then the pan drippings poured over of course :)
and then a bowl of pork rinds and coffee for desert :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Last night I made round steak in the Instant pot. Wife loved it.

Tonight she made cheeseburger soup without any meat. Really good.

I also made pinto beans in the Instant pot yesterday. My son and his bride have Covid, so the beans will turn into one of his favorite things, white chilli.

I think I have a pic of the cheeseburger soup....
IMG_20220103_162855253.jpg

Tonight was my first (very successful) attempt at sole meuniere, though I used tilapia instead of sole, following the technique/recipe from Jacques Pepin's La Technique.
20220106_181010.jpg

20220106_181330.jpg

I followed the instructions for making the lemon slice garnish -
20220106_182459.jpg

Tim

I'm struggling with appetite at the moment, I think I just ate so much and went out so much over the last couple of months my system is bored. Last 2 nights, a plate of cheese and biscuits, I have some nice Brie and Camembert plus a good lump of Cheddar and some Double Gloucester. Quick and easy.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm struggling with appetite at the moment, I think I just ate so much and went out so much over the last couple of months my system is bored. Last 2 nights, a plate of cheese and biscuits, I have some nice Brie and Camembert plus a good lump of Cheddar and some Double Gloucester. Quick and easy.
I can empathize. I've lost a tiny amount of weight, but I catch myself eating out of boredom, and not hunger, as of late.

Top Bottom