What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Hunters Pie.......

a variation of our English brothers recipe from across the pond, either Cottage Pie or Shepherds Pie.

this having venison makes it Hunters Pie as I see it.

20210607_194007.jpg

easy comfort food that I will serve with bread and butter.

camo

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
So regular readers will know that a house favourite is carne asada, which I marinade in orange juice, lime juice, garlic, chili, smoked paprika, fresh coriander, cumin powder, S&P and oil. I usually use flank steak and blast it in the air fryer for about 10 mins and let it stand for about the same, slice it up and serve with guacamole, green salad and wraps.

Mrs P requested it for last night's dinner so I dutifully set off to the supermarket, picked up limes, coriander and some green stuff, then headed for the meat display. No flank steak. I went to the butchery counter, lady asked if she could help and I asked if she had any flank steak, but no, supplier hadn't sent any.

Rethink needed. I spotted some chunky looking Aussie ribeyes so asked for the largest she had - I ended up with a 450g piece and that was that.

Usual marinade, air fryer etc and here's a before and after:

You're ruined now and will never be able to go back to flank steak! :)

another Rib Eye :)
I prefer salt it the day before and put it on a raised rack on a sheet in fridge so in frig dry for 24 hours grill up 3 min flip p4x for super rare on grill :) and half dozen eggs scrambled with about 5 tablespoons of butter still nice and shiny wet as I like em and while prepping cooking snacked down a bowl of pork rinds :)

OH tomorrows is on the rack drying down :)

As part of our on-going mission to support our favourite restaurants during our mini-lockdown we have ordered the "Weekend Special" from Chef Francois: Entrée: Quiche Lorraine with Bacon and Cheese | Mains: Pepper Crusted Black Angus Ribeye (600g) in Creamy Cognac Sauce, Roasted Veggies and Mash | Dessert: Vanilla Praline Choux à la Crème (3 pcs). Plus a couple of Negronis. ETA 7pm.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Last night we went to the Saltgrass Steakhouse.
My wife had a medium New York Strip and I had a Blue rare Ribeye.
Really good

We've just finished the leftovers for dinner tonight - I made a sort of bubble n squeak with the potatoes and veg, added some frozen spinach and peas, had a little grated cheese left from the other day when we did Mexican style beef, and an egg. Gave the slices of beef 30 secs or so each side in a hot skillet, job's a good 'un.

Top Bottom