What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

We have all been working from home these past 3 weeks and with still another 10 days of mini-lockdown to go so my HR Manager suggested we send out goodie boxes, and because I am such a wonderful boss I agreed. Well, blatant self-interest actually. Mine arrived just now:

tempImageWUGfGY.png

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
We have all been working from home these past 3 weeks and with still another 10 days of mini-lockdown to go so my HR Manager suggested we send out goodie boxes, and because I am such a wonderful boss I agreed. Well, blatant self-interest actually. Mine arrived just now:

My engineers in Vietnam, Thailand and Taiwan are back on lockdown. Hope it takes a positive turn for you guys.

Paprika Chicken

Chicken breasts sauteed with onions and butter, they simmered with a sauce made from sour cream, white wine, egg yolks, and chicken broth. Paprika is added toward the end, very nice when served with fresh asparagus.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The wife was working and we are working all week so I threw some meat on the pit.
Wagyu beef fajitas
Chicken thighs
Sausage
Boneless beef ribs
Cheese Quesadillas
Rice
Beans
Tortillas
Plates for 4 days
G2G

Bought this “The Rock Plus” reversible grill on impulse at Costco last weekend. It was a deal at less then $17. After getting it home and reading terrible reviews, I almost decided to return it unused. Then today, I watched a few YouTube videos and decided to give it a try with smash burgers on the Weber gas grill. Very happy with the results and I think with adequate care, the griddle will work out.
86F7DE71-3FBA-4E69-87CB-9DC7D6C3EB0F.jpeg
0CF9B4E6-5D1D-4AC3-852C-7DB158F831FE.jpeg

So regular readers will know that a house favourite is carne asada, which I marinade in orange juice, lime juice, garlic, chili, smoked paprika, fresh coriander, cumin powder, S&P and oil. I usually use flank steak and blast it in the air fryer for about 10 mins and let it stand for about the same, slice it up and serve with guacamole, green salad and wraps.

Mrs P requested it for last night's dinner so I dutifully set off to the supermarket, picked up limes, coriander and some green stuff, then headed for the meat display. No flank steak. I went to the butchery counter, lady asked if she could help and I asked if she had any flank steak, but no, supplier hadn't sent any.

Rethink needed. I spotted some chunky looking Aussie ribeyes so asked for the largest she had - I ended up with a 450g piece and that was that.

Usual marinade, air fryer
tempImage3c5EL5.png
tempImagepN0IiS.png
etc and here's a before and after:

Top Bottom