What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Back to the favorite fusion bowl: ground beef bulgogi, kimchi, seared baby bok choy and poached egg.
IMG_8097.JPG

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Funny, reading recent posts there's a few risottos! I tried my hand at it tonight and came here to post my attempt at mushroom and Parmesan . . .

I must say it came out great (it's not as difficult as I thought) and Mrs. shavefan loved it. Which after all, is all that matters.
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 5.19.33 PM.png

Last edited:
making pineapple 🍍 BBQ chicken legs 🍗 like mom used to make. bake for a little while then throw on the grill to char and caramelize the sugars.

can't remember last time I had these. did alter the recipe a little by adding minced onion and red pepper 🌶 flake.

View attachment 1267105

smells wonderful not even cooked yet!!!!

not sure where she got this recipe. certainly not mid-west indiana inspired.

camo
Those are looking so good right now! 🍻

Balinese style slow roasted chicken and "sambal matah". Marinade the chicken in a mix of garlic, chili, lemongrass, turmeric powder, coriander powder, coriander leaf, salt, pepper, sugar, lime juice and coconut oil. Blitz it with a stick bender, make sure it's well-balanced and coat the chicken. Leave for as long as you have. Pre-heat oven to 150c and roast for 45 mins. Crank up heat to 220c and give it another 30-35 mins.

Sambal matah is the traditional Bali raw sambal - finely chop chili, lemongrass, garlic, tomato, shallot and combine with coconut oil, olive oil (strictly speaking not Balinese but I like the fruitiness), splash of fish sauce, lime juice and S&P to taste. It should be quite punchy.

Came across a recipe in Bon Apetit (online) for Bulgogi meatloaf sandwiches. The meatloaf is not made from Bulgogi meat, it's just chop meat seasoned to taste like Korean Bulgogi. But, it was quite good. The trick was after baking in the oven at 325F for an hour you thick slice the meatloaf and then crisp the sides in a skillet with seasame oil -

20210521_192200.jpg

Then you construct your sandwiches topping the meatloaf with Gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste) and Kimchi -

20210521_192420.jpg

Added some chips and Arnold Palmer iced tea and we were ready to chow down -

20210521_192642.jpg

Tim

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
No photographic evidence but last night was wretched excess to celebrate our daughter and son in law moving back to ATX soon...a couple of very cold Tanqueray and Dolin 3:1 martinis with a big (rinsed) olive, a rare sirloin, a baked potato, and a Caesar salad. dessert was mint chip ice cream cones (Creamy Creations light mint chip).

Top Bottom